Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Majority believes Obama isn't responsible for economy.

Today

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_new...y-believes-obama-isnt-responsible-for-economy

From NBC's Mark Murray:

A majority of the country still believes that President Obama isn't responsible for the state of the U.S. economy, but the number has steadily declined since his presidency began.

According to the brand-new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, 56 percent think Obama inherited the economic situation, versus 32 percent who say his policies are responsible for it.

That's a drop from January of this year (when 65 percent said Obama inherited the economy), and from Feb. 2009 (when 84 percent said that).

"It is becoming Obama’s economy -- slowly but surely," said Democratic pollster Jay Campbell of Hart Research Associates, the Democratic half of the NBC/WSJ survey.

Also in the poll, a whopping 70 percent believe the nation is still in a recession, despite the National Bureau of Economic Research's determination that the recession officially ended last year.

The rest of the NBC/WSJ survey will be released at 6:30 pm ET on NBC Nightly News and MSNBC.com.

It was conducted Sept. 22-26 of 1,000 adults (200 reached by cell phone), and it has an overall margin of error of plus-minus 3.1 percentage points.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Verdict is in ~ Majority of Americans believe in Ghosts!

Poll: Majority Believe In Ghosts

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/29/opinion/polls/main994766.shtml

All
48%
Men
38%
Women
56%
Under 45
54%
45 and over
41%

Seen a ghost

All
22%
Men
14%
Women
29%
Under 45
29%
45 and over
15%

On the broader question of whether there is life after death, in general, a large majority of Americans are believers in an afterlife.

DO YOU BELIEVE IN LIFE AFTER DEATH?

Yes
78%

No
14%

Americans are a foolish group.
Your point??? :huh:

:laughing:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Did Obama "create" the bad economy? NO.
Did Obama "inherit" a bad economy? Yes.
Has Obama improved the economy? NO.
Is Obama NOW responsible for the current BAD Economy??? HELL YES!!!! ;)

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Poll: Palin Majority Believes In Ghosts

Seen a ghost

All
22%
Men
14%
Women
29%
Under 45
29%
45 and over
15%

On the broader question of whether there is life after death, in general, a large majority of Americans are believers in an afterlife.

DO YOU BELIEVE IN LIFE AFTER DEATH?

Yes
78%

No
14%

Palinites are a foolish group.
Your point??? :huh:

Did Obama "create" the bad economy? NO.
Did Obama "inherit" a bad economy? Yes.
Has Obama improved the economy? NO.
Is Obama NOW responsible for the current BAD Economy??? HELL YES!!!! ;)

*I beleive the (deregulated) fundamentals are strong*

~ McCain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4egXbhSOhk&feature=player_embedded#!

·
Super Moderator
8,544 Posts
The Democrats.....................and truth

The day the Democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009

-- it was actually January 3rd 2007.

The day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and Senate, the start of the 110th Congress.

The Democratic Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.

"For those of you who are listening to the liberals propagating
the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault," think about this:

January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress:

At the time: The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77
The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%
The Unemployment rate was 4.6%

(Thanks to Obama and the Democrats it's now almost 10%)

George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB CREATION!

Remember the day.

January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.

The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy? BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!

THANK YOU DEMOCRATS for taking us from 13,000 DOW, 3.5 GDP and 4.6% Unemployment to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and
Freddie Mac FIASCOS!

(BTW: Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy).

And who took the THIRD highest PAY-OFF from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac? OBAMA

And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie?
OBAMA & the Democratic Congress

So when someone tries to blame Bush

REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007 THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!

Bush may have been in the car but the Democrats were in charge of the gas pedal and steering wheel.

Set the record straight on Bush!

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.

The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy? BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!

THANK YOU DEMOCRATS for taking us from 13,000 DOW, 3.5 GDP and 4.6% Unemployment to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and
Freddie Mac FIASCOS!

(BTW: Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy).

And who took the THIRD highest PAY-OFF from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac? OBAMA

And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie?
OBAMA & the Democratic Congress

So when someone tries to blame Bush

REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007 THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!

Bush may have been in the car but the Democrats were in charge of the gas pedal and steering wheel.

Set the record straight on Bush!

Depends ...

Here's your boy Bush on Apr. 22, 2008 looking for somebody to blame ... hydro-carbons to NAFTA ?

... and here's your boy bush praising Freddie & Fannie ( it's a Mexican & Black thing) at the moment of the Great Depression ... Sept, 24, 2008

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Lalalalalala. I'm not hearing you. :laughing:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lalalalalala. I'm not hearing you. :laughing:
I tell ya ... when you go to the podium and display an I.Q. of about 22 (Bush) ... it just doesn't matter ... :laughing:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I tell ya ... when you go to the podium and display an I.Q. of about 22 (Bush) ... it just doesn't matter ... :laughing:
They went from following Bush to following Palin. :rolling:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Give me quote (of his own mind) that our current president has remarked... that would give you the impression he was an intellectual -worthy of the praise you bestow upon him...

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Give me quote (of his own mind) that our current president has remarked... that would give you the impression he was an intellectual -worthy of the praise you bestow upon him...
Easy .. Obama is an articulate, elegant and eloquent man that the country needed for the mere prescence of restoring confidence after 8 years of a babbling village idiot who took America down worse than any U.S. President in History ...

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
We have all heard Obamas 2 years of babbling like the village idiot, also. (when you remove his teleprompter)

How about that quote now... ? -or is that not so easy ?

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We have all heard Obamas 2 years of babbling like the village idiot, also. (when you remove his teleprompter)

How about that quote now... ? -or is that not so easy ?
* Bush's Fault* ... :laughing:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I'm no fan of the man but I did find this example of his articulate and eloquent statements:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
That's nothing...

This was the question at one of his "invitation only" town-hall meetings... a couple of weeks ago. It's entitled "My new reality"

This was his answer to a supporter... Babbling non-answer.

I know -I know... she's a racist...

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.