Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone knew if possible what it would cost to turn a 77 t-top into standard convertible. Has anyone ever undertaken such a project? TIA:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Dang, now THAT sounds like a project.

Of course, with time, money and talent .... you can do anything. So, your conversion can be done.... but it sounds like a huge undertaking!

·
Registered
281 Posts
If I had a garage, I'd just cut the top off and try to make a hard-top type set up[ with it and forget about the soft top and stuff....or just cut the top off and have no top at all. I've done it to an old Olds cutlass before. Then I added roll bars made of scrap and took it mudding in the cow pasture. But I've been told that I have a little too much redneck in me....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was just thinking of the same thing......no top necessary. Sorta like some of the street rod roadster kits. Someone needs to come up with a kit to do this. My sister has a 74 with a million miles but maybe it could become a sunny day roadster.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
In the February 2004 issue of Super Chevy magazine, page 12 has a "readers ride" that is an '82 that was converted to a vert after he was inspired by his buddy who did it to his '78.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts