Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VERY BIG DILEMMA!!!! Need help fast!!!

ok lets start out with, im a car nut and i have been for years i can tell you the ratings and models of most cars that past by, which isnt impressive to most of you. but im stuck driving a stupid ass 95' nessan sentra, its a good car to get around but i want a classic you know? i want a vette so bad that i cant haddle it anymore.

no i cant just sell my car and get a vette, i cant spend that much on insureance and dont have much to spend in the first place.

i want 70-80's in horrible condition. you know it has to run even if it barly dose. i just want something that i can work on, a real fixer upper something i can spend years fixing up, but the thing i dont want to do is spend a lot of money on the body, just mainily a little touch up and a new paint job. you know fix the dings and dangs.

i am i very pathetic person my one and only hobbie is walking, i used to play soccer but im not good enouph for soccer in college so yeah i would relly like a new hobbie even though i nkow nothing about working on cars some of my friends do, well a lot of them do including some that are gooing to school for it. but i dont want to be an machanic i just want it as a hobbie.

what im asking you to do is help me find a car that is a real fixer upper in that will cost about 500-1000$ on, it would be hell to try and find but please help me ive been looking for weeks and cant find one, thats not just the a rusted peace of crap, i dont want good paint and a great engine i just want a car that has potential.

another car i have always dreamed of is a 67-69 comaro z28 or SS if possible hell i guess they dont even need to have V8 engines just something to work from for now. its something im planning on spending a few years on anyway so yeah. PLEASE HELP!!!

o yeah and i live in portland OR zip 97225 so anything in that area would be the best!

thank you all so very much!

o yeah and if anyone is looking for a fully loaded eco car that gets almost 40mpg i have one fully loaded with cd with satilalight radio hook up and a car alarm. its a great car for just going to the store or for a drive downtown to save on gas. which this day and age you really need to. this car is also known for its relighablitly which im asuming you all ready know. i normally dont do this but my phone number is . i know it sounds a little sadistic with the 666 at the end but im a really nice person, but its a great eco car that fits four people very comfertably and five people if you need to., im just thriving for something new. so if you want to make an offer just call me any time if im not home leave a message, my name is shea (and yes im a guy not a girl) a lot of people assume im a giril becuase of my name, im not always around so dont be shy to leave a message im at school a lot, my girlfriend may answer just give her you name and number if im not in and ill get back to you same day, im proud of my personalitly for being respective to others times.

o yeah and i know this is really long but please read it and at least post and tell me im out of my mind for expecting this or something. well thanks a lot for listening and im looking forward to reading you posts when i get up in the mornging.

My email is also [email protected] if you want to contact me this way i will need you to post "Info on your Sentra" or something like that so it sticks out from all the other junk mail i get.

thanks again

Smilngoat-

·
Premium Member
10,489 Posts
I hate to break it to you BUT..

Finding a C3 in barely runnning condition with a clean body needing paint with cost MORE then $500-1000. I think the only way you would find one that cheap would be wiht no drivetrain and the rest of it in Boxes.

Reason there are no vettes with rust is the body is fiberglass, I do know that the C3 frames are notorious for frame rust just behind the doors, but they sell a 1/2 frame to fix it.

As for the 67-69 Camaro, you may have beeter luck finding one for $500-$1000, but the body will be shot, motor more then likely will be a 6 cyl and not running.

I would suggest saving your money and keep looking, don't rush to buy your corvette. I know it is tough to wait, but the more you save the better of a car you can afford.

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
Don't buy the C3. Don't buy a Vette. Don't buy a $1000 car.

I can hook you up with my brother in law. He took his 4-door Nissan Sentra and made it a high-12 / low-13 second car with a turbo and some tweakings.

I think he put $2500 into the car. Remember, that Sentra is light as hell, and you can get the ET down pretty quickly with more power.

Plus, you still retain low insurance rates.:thumbsup:

I waited 32 years to get a Corvette, you can hang in there.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to dc!:buhbye: If you got a Vette you would definetly have a hobby....I dont think you will get a Vette for $500-$1000 ever...if you did it would be beyond junk!:( Lets say you did get one for $1000.00......to make it nice you will spend soo much $ it will not make any sense....I origionally bought mine for a mere $3900.00...it ran but it was a turd in need of help.......I now have over 35k in it & lets face it its not worth that at all!:( Good luck bro!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
For $500 to $1000 you will probably find nothing. I've seen some C-3's and C-4's for around $3,000 that required about another $1500 to $2000 to get them in respectable shape. Good luck in your search and remember this, replacement parts for a Vette ain't cheap.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know i know, but the point is more for me and my dad to work on something for the years to come, you the hole father/son and then have a nice before and after pic....

so no hope at all...........

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok lets talk 80's what do you think i could get for a 8-82 modle. i know they arnt worth as much, but i dont have 15hundred for that! i guess ill just have to look for mustangs or camaros.... :(

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
67HEAVEN said:
Here's what $1,500.00 will buy you.

\
WOW!!!!! WHERE????????????? THATS AMAZING!!!! how much do you need to put into it? 17000? is it worth it? 63's are my FAV!!!!

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Smilingoat said:
ok lets talk 80's what do you think i could get for a 8-82 modle. i know they arnt worth as much, but i dont have 15hundred for that! i guess ill just have to look for mustangs or camaros.... :(
Go towards the Camaro Dont EVER buy a ford!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
stilcrazee said:
Smiley,
you can find something here for less than 1k.

www.adkinsstore.com :D
now what am i going to do with that i said fix it up project car, i guess i could paint it :) lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fenwick said:
Go towards the Camaro Dont EVER buy a ford!
i really want a muscle car! but hey i dont know what to do, i want a project, if i just wanted the car i would just save money for the full deal, but i want to learn to work on cars. and well the only car ive seen around here that is a nice project car is a mustage :( beleive me im a GM guy but i cant find a $500 POS that i can turn into the car of my dreams.

can you guys help me find some comaros that are around 500-1000$ and post them here...

camaros are much better. i dont like the looks of that gen. firebird even though they did have better specs. and i would be ashamed in a mustage, but if thats all i can find then hey what can i do.... GTO's are great but too big for me. i like smaller sports cars, im not saying lotis small but you have an idea. and if you see anything else out there that is a really cool yet offordable car taht is mainly GM or close enouph then please email it to me. just remember to put something like DIGITAL CORVETTES or somethign like that so i dont deleate it with all my junk mail.

if a small group of you cuold do this for me it would be great and believe me when i get it all pimped out ill get anyone who wants a ride a ride, thats a promise! just remind me later.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Search Ebay under parts cars for "corvette" or do an advanced search under "corvette salvage" (exact phrase) or "corvette wreck" (exact phrase)

just keep looking....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i tried for 3 hours on that, it sucks i cant find anything except for parts. i need to start with a body

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
and now that ive talked to you about it i have leaned more to a chevelle or a camaro. z28 or a SS for the chevelle....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts