Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Wow I like that. Damn now I have to go buy a C-5 too. That's the thing about Vettes that kills me. I want them all.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,516 Posts
I'll I can say is damn they're sweet

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
.I would love the Mag red kit,or the C5 chop-top.Plus i need to see if Geico insurance will cover that.:surprised My car has been hit 3 times in one year,can't have that with a kit like that.
I love the C4 and C5 wide-bodies.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
raidmagic said:
Wow I like that. Damn now I have to go buy a C-5 too. That's the thing about Vettes that kills me. I want them all.
Might as well just order a wide-body from the company already put together for $49,000.I would do this in a heartbeat and totally pass on the c6 if i had the extra cash.:buhbye:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Wide Bodies:

Hey folks, all I can tell you about these two Vettes is . . . they're over here in Germany and the owner's show up at just about every Corvette Show/Rally I get to go to ! They're sweet and beleive me cost a lot of $$$$$$ to build (at least for me).

The Yellow Vette is a 1999 C5; color was Nassau Blue when the owner bought it. Over a priod of about two years (I believe that's what he said)
it transformed into what you see now.

The Red Wide Body (also a 1999) normally shows up at the same Vette Shows/Rally and here in Germany and both are "head turners" when they arrive. I don't know too much more about this one, but it's sweet looking when you get to see it "Up Close" and personal

The Corvette club I'm a member (The Germany American Corvette Club of Baden-Wurttemberg) . . . tries to attend as many of the local events as possible, but with most of us being in the military; or DoD Civilians; or DoD Contractors, working for the military it's a little tough sometimes.

Our Club is an International CLub, however most of our members are American. We do have three German members so far and always looking for more members to join our ranks.

One good thing about owning a Corvette here in Germany is the chance to drive on the Autobahns . . . Hooah ! Man, cruising along at 130 - 150 MPH is hard feeling to describ and you can do leaglly too:laughing: The fastest I've had my 1999 C5 is 175 mph !

If I get a chance to take more pics of "Wide Body Vetts" I'll be sure to post them for everyone to enjoy.

Later Folks,

Cecil Davis
German American Corvette Club
of Baden-Wurttemberg
Heidelberg, Germany
:cheers:

·
Registered
990 Posts
thanks......looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Sounds good Cecil,love the wide-body pictures.Iv'e had my 99over 130 a few times,never over 145 though.:(

·
Registered
451 Posts
Over 150 MPH

hawaii-5-lo,

Well, 130 mph ain't "Chum-Change" :agree: But I guess working and living here in Germany does have it's perks with the ability to "Hall-Ass" on the Autobahns. I must say owning and driving a Vette over here is a real rush when you can let all the "Pony's Loose" :excited:

We have a few "Z06 Drivers" in our club and two or three of them had hit 185 mph on the Autobahn. . . . now that's "Hall-en Ass" :) .

Are you a member of a Corvette Club there in Hawaii ? Well, I glad you enjoyed the "Wide Bodies". If I run acorss anymore pics I'll be sure to post em for you !

Auf Wieuersehn,

Cecil Davis
German American Corvette Club
of Baden-Wurttemberg
Heidelberg, Germany

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Hey Cecil,
I love the wide-body soooo much.The rims don't come with the kit.:(
I'm not in a vette club,there pretty small,i do know alot of folks from the vette clubs though.Punch and I are in a any kind car club,lots of pro-street hot rods and stuff,no emissions in hawaii,so people build same weird(fast) stuff.Most of the cars would get impounded if they were in california :laughing:
The C5 auto with 3:15 gears is faster (top speed) than any C5,including Z06.Any chance you have an in car video of your speedo when hauling ass like that.?I would love it.How long (time) do you run at that speed?10 minutes or more?Urbman is in Germany also,he does some high speed runs too.Added an extra oil cooler if i remember right.I want to go on the autobahn.....:smokin:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I like them both, and those tires are awesome. :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
How Fast For How Long

Hawaii-5lo,

Hey, what's happening ! In responce to your question about how long do I drive at that speed (I'm assuming you mean over 100+). Well, it depends, most of the time on the autobahns curuising speeds are around 120-130 mph. Then everynow and then you get some guy in a 7.35 or 745 BMW or a 911 wanting to show off and you know you can't let em get away with that ! I guess the top speed for the longest time I've crused at was 150 mph (depending on traffic) for about 30 minutes or so.

Just for the rocord. . . there just ain't too "Euro Iron" that can out run a C5 or Z06. The Z06 members of the club I'm in kick "BIG BUTT" on the autobahns !

I can say this about driving at speeds b etween 150 and 175. You ain't got time to be sight seeing :D If you aren't looking at least 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile or more in front of you. . . . . you could be in "A heap a trouble" .

Cruisning at 120 - 130 mph is KOOL ! Most of the traffice (execpt stuff in the left lane) moves along at about that speed on the Autobahans, so reaction time to things seem to be pretty easy.

And No; I never met Urbman before. . . . I don't know where he's located here in Germany. I'm located in Heidelberg, Germany working as a DOD Contractor for the U.S. Army.

Ok, later Dude. . . . gotta do some work. . . more later !

Cecil
German American Corvette Coub
of Baden-Wurttemberg
Heidelberg, Germany

1 - 20 of 21 Posts