Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about my companies survival.

Keep in mind, my company has ALWAYS been profitable, in fact, we've been downright successful.

But right now, I am battling with my lawyers to get $240,000 that is owed to my business. The mounting legal costs are off the charts. It's killing my cash-flow in the worst way. And, as the result of one of my clients defaulting on payment, we also lost them as our #1 client because of the legal fight.

Today I am meeting with some folks to help resolve our financial crisis. If that falls through, pray that we get a settlement offer on one of the lawsuits by 8/14. If one or the other doesn't come through for us, I'll have to close the doors.

And, that affects the lives of 5 people, and their families and kids. :(

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,667 Posts
good luck,man,thats heavy stress.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,409 Posts
That sucks Patrick. Good luck. Hope everything works out for the best.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got done with meetings this morning, seems I'll know our fate tomorrow afternoon.

I give it 50/50.

:(

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Just got done with meetings this morning, seems I'll know our fate tomorrow afternoon.

I give it 50/50.

:(
that's better than zero. Can your bank help at all?

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
biltogo said:
that's better than zero. Can your bank help at all?
We don't deal with banks, generally (except to deposit checks and pay bills). We have some long term relationships with 2 financial services companies. With them, we can do some really creative things with money... where banks are like.... banks.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mga said:
make them an offer they can't refuse. :cool:
If a person rips you off, you can break their face, or you can call the cops on them.

BUT, if someone in corporate America chooses to rip you off, you can't do **** except attempt to resolve it, then ultimately file a civil suit. But, it could take years to get anywhere. They should all go to jail! Bastards.:nuts:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
If a person rips you off, you can break their face, or you can call the cops on them.

BUT, if someone in corporate America chooses to rip you off, you can't do **** except attempt to resolve it, then ultimately file a civil suit. But, it could take years to get anywhere. They should all go to jail! Bastards.:nuts:
I like the Break the face in Idea. Consult my Friend Tony Soprano he has good ideas about how to handle people who refuse to pay. On the serious side Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Best of luck, hope it all works out. Would be a shame to see this go away. My thoughts and prayers will be with you tonight.:)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
We don't deal with banks, generally (except to deposit checks and pay bills). We have some long term relationships with 2 financial services companies. With them, we can do some really creative things with money... where banks are like.... banks.
Gotcha, I guess I was meaning your business backers and gauranturs. I hear they can be a powerful ally.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts