Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have run into some financial struggles and it looks as though the Vette must go. 1992 Coupe 49k miles.

My question to everyone is that there a few mechanical issues that I am wondering if I should fix before I sell or just sell as is.

1. service asr light comes on occassionally - code 42
2. Driver side window gets stuck sometimes
3. A/C does not work occassionally, code 09

What does everyone think?

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Depends on your situation, if you have time and can afford to fix it, I say do so. A lot easier to sell if everything works properly.

Sorry to hear about your situation, but those things work out in time. I'm sure you'll have another vette down the road. Good luck.

Bob

·
Registered
501 Posts
little things really kill resale...very few guys who are not vette crazies (like us) will buy anything that needs any work, most people want a new car for used price...fix it , wash inside and out, wax , armor-ill the tires, etc if you want it to sell...on the other hand , if you only want the boss to think you're tryin,make it ugly

49k miles/c4 should bring top $, quick sell.
good luck with all.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
nolimits said:
My wife and I have run into some financial struggles and it looks as though the Vette must go. 1992 Coupe 49k miles.

My question to everyone is that there a few mechanical issues that I am wondering if I should fix before I sell or just sell as is.

1. service asr light comes on occassionally - code 42
2. Driver side window gets stuck sometimes
3. A/C does not work occassionally, code 09

What does everyone think?

If you have the money fix it cause nobody will give you anything near what it's worth if there are problems,infact they'll beat you over the head with them trying to get the price lower.Once you have fixed them and are selling it STICK TO YOUR GUNS ON PRICE,don't let them try to talk you down.:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Nolimits, im sorry:( to hear about your having to sell your vette i know it must be a hard thing to do and any car after the vette will feel like crap. but how much will you be asking for it..

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Bummer man. I agree with these guys. If you don't fix the issues though have a good idea on what the repairs will cost so thatyou can factor that into your price and don't let somone beat you up too bad. Good luck.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Sorry to hear about the car, bro.

Money is weird for a lot of people right now, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

You'll be piloting another one, so make it your mission!:excited:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts