Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm very sad that the CF members are not moving to a less oppresive forum.
I was banned for posting a message for someone else. This person contacted me and asked if I would let everyone know he was banned.
As part of the ban they blocked my IP address to, so that I can't even see/read the posts. But I just used a Proxy server to fake an IP address and I'm again able to read the CF posts. I was very sad and dissapointed to come across a thread where the CF members were all proclaming that they would stay with CF. They were all diluted into believing the trouble was only related to the ads.
Here is that post. http://imsosneaky.com/index.php?q=uggc://sbehzf.pbeirggrsbehz.pbz/fubjguernq.cuc?g=1806711
I would love to respond to this post, but I can't. The best I can do is read posts at this point. I may sneak on there and send a post to all, but I can't be that effective as a lone voice
:thud:

·
Registered
5 Posts
:agree:

I know there are a lot of CF members who will just ride it our without becoming involved in the recent malaise. I've wondered what IB's and CF's strategy will be. My guess is that they will never admit that their disciplining of members was too heavy handed, nor will they drop their commercial messages. Put another way, they'll just keep moving CF in whatever direction they feel is most commercially viable.

I'd also guess they feel that while they may have lost a bunch of quite knowledgable (I'm not one of those) and involved members, others will, in time, join CF and fill the voids.

As long as they don't loose JohnZ and others who are the mother lode of technical information, they probably feel they'll weather the storm.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i havent posted over there since i came here out of principle. i still lurk over there once in a while to see whats going on and i have noticed (in C1/C2) a drop in response to posts and people wondering why others are disappearing. a lot of disalusionment over there, the tone of the posts are also changing. the problem i see over here is a lot of people are viewing but only a few are posting/responding. its hard to stay tuned in when not much is happening. from what i have noticed i think more people will be joining in the coming days.

·
Registered
176 Posts
hi cobra66, i saw a post of yours yesterday, glad to see you on board. welcome from another refugee. i voluntarily defected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi cobra66, i saw a post of yours yesterday, glad to see you on board. welcome from another refugee. i voluntarily defected.
Hi TECHRON! Good to see another familiar Vette-head over here. While I believe I've only been put on "moderation," not banned (but I'm not sure) over at CF, I'm not sure I'll ever become as active over there as I was prior to the mess IB created last weekend, if at all.

CF's punitive actions toward many members who never broke any of that forum's regulations, but merely offered opinions, makes me feel like it's a neighborhood I'd rather not frequent.

We look forward to hearing lots from you over here!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi TECHRON! Good to see another familiar Vette-head over here. While I believe I've only been put on "moderation," not banned (but I'm not sure) over at CF, I'm not sure I'll ever become as active over there as I was prior to the mess IB created last weekend, if at all.

CF's punitive actions toward many members who never broke any of that forum's regulations, but merely offered opinions, makes me feel like it's a neighborhood I'd rather not frequent.

We look forward to hearing lots from you over here!
That bothers me also, I've always tried to offer a valid point (well except in off topic!) but at the start of the ads, my thread got locked after a simple question. I had checked off the option to recieve emails from the mods. I'm not going to deny I miss the OLD forum, the place has changed.

As some may have commented, " It is what it is! ". Haven't posted over here (C2 Section) as much yet as been tied up with another project and life. I think things will pickup here as the weather turns cooler and we can start those winter projects. I know I've got a few!

:cheers:
Andy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like most of the people split between here and -------------- (where they told me about this site). Some (like me) are posting in all 3 places, but cf is definitely off its old response levels - or else they're deleting stuff.

I look at the plus side. Because of the turmoil, I've found new forums, made new friends, started another homepage, and upgraded my browser to block almost everything.

Life is good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I may be wrong but it just seems that the Tech. end of this and other boards do not recieve the questions! Let's talk about our cars and Help each other. Al W.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Looks like most of the people split between here and -------------- (where they told me about this site). Some (like me) are posting in all 3 places, but cf is definitely off its old response levels - or else they're deleting stuff.

I look at the plus side. Because of the turmoil, I've found new forums, made new friends, started another homepage, and upgraded my browser to block almost everything.

Life is good.
:thumbsup: I also found new friends at other places beside CF.:D

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I left CF a long time ago and I wasn't banned:devil: I just left:surprised

I think you'll like it here:buhbye:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts