Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since moving to our new compound, I haven't done any work on the BOSS except get furious over the cat paw prints and scratching all over it, kids names "written" in the dust and person or persons unknown rubbing the dust off the glass so (I assume) they can peek in at the crappy interior.

I was going to get one of these once the BOSS was painted but rather than trap and skin the offending cats (and children, come to think of it), Christine recommended that I get one now.

So, unless some little **** decides it's just like a bouncy castle, I'll be happy. Of course, after spending a fair chunk of change on this thing, any child treating it as a bouncy castle will be apprehended and disemboweled! I'm hoping that because it moves in the breeze that it will put any cats off trying to climb it it. However, if a cat does try and climb it (remember the chunk of change I mentioned?) and I manage to get my hands on it, the results will not be pretty

The Carcoon...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I was expecting a demonstration of how it works. So what keeps it inflated? Do the fans run all the time? Does the bubble seal to the base somehow? :huh:

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was expecting a demonstration of how it works. So what keeps it inflated? Do the fans run all the time? Does the bubble seal to the base somehow? :huh:
You lay the base piece out and drive the car onto it in the middle. The cover zips on all the way around and you plug the fans in. It's a constant flow through of air so yes, the fans run all the time. But apparently, they don't cost much to run...

·
Banned
6,201 Posts
Very cool video... :thumbsup:

Now, do you REALLY expect that a kid is not going to slash it or feel the urge to puncture it? Who parks a freshly painted vette in a car port with irresponsible people running around ???

:crazy:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
That is OUTSTANDING..Please don't put Christine in one..:laughing:

ZEP

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
You lay the base piece out and drive the car onto it in the middle. The cover zips on all the way around and you plug the fans in. It's a constant flow through of air so yes, the fans run all the time. But apparently, they don't cost much to run...
Are there moisture/dust filters or do the fans just blow straight through? If no filters, I'd think you'd end up with a dust covered car after a while?

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very cool video... :thumbsup:

Now, do you REALLY expect that a kid is not going to slash it or feel the urge to puncture it? Who parks a freshly painted vette in a car port with irresponsible people running around ???

:crazy:
Call me old fashioned, but what I expect is for people to leave MY belongings alone - unless invited by me, to touch my car, then don't even contemplate it. The first person/child/cat to mess with this setup will be eviscerated!

But, to address your question, where do you suggest I put my car? It's not actually painted yet but even if it were, what should I do with it? I'm open to ideas... :huh:

Are there moisture/dust filters or do the fans just blow straight through? If no filters, I'd think you'd end up with a dust covered car after a while?
It has dust filters - those two circles at the front of the cover.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Pretty cool but would cheese me off unzipping it all the time. How about an old fashion car cover (wait a min thats what it will be when fans clag it):D Still waiting to see it in all its glossy glory:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
skin the offending cats (and children, come to think of it
any child treating it as a bouncy castle will be apprehended and disemboweled!
and I manage to get my hands on it, the results will not be pretty
The first person/child/cat to mess with this setup will be eviscerated
Dear Mr. Suadivette, I realize that you are an Aussie ex-pat but do you think you may be getting involved a little too heavily with the islam and Saudi thing. Skinning cats and kids, the big islam thing "eviscerating" and "disemboweling", I mean Jesus, c'mon mate, fire up the barbie and grab a Fosters. What do these guys get out of gutting something??:D

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,829 Posts
That is OUTSTANDING..Please don't put Christine in one..:laughing:

ZEP
She'll never be in a bubble. She's on a pedestal :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dear Mr. Suadivette, I realize that you are an Aussie ex-pat but do you think you may be getting involved a little too heavily with the islam and Saudi thing. Skinning cats and kids, the big islam thing "eviscerating" and "disemboweling", I mean Jesus, c'mon mate, fire up the barbie and grab a Fosters. What do these guys get out of gutting something??:D
Good one, you had me going there for a minute. I realised you were joking when you mentioned Fosters - no one really drinks that horse piss :smack:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Good one, you had me going there for a minute. I realised you were joking when you mentioned Fosters - no one really drinks that horse piss :smack:
:rolling::rolling:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
She'll never be in a bubble. She's on a pedestal :thumbsup:
I think Wayne keeps Christine on the same Pedestal that I put Jill on. Really SHORT...:laughing:

Just sayin'..Christine and Jill don't need no stinkin' pedestal..

ZEP

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Good one, you had me going there for a minute. I realised you were joking when you mentioned Fosters
Yep, I was completely joking. When I want to get serious I talk about Hahn Premium, Champion and Full Sail. I had my ass completely kicked while on a sailing vacation in Canberra. The Hahn made me see Jesus, it made me a better Christian because I started talking in tongues. There is some good beer downunder.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think Wayne keeps Christine on the same Pedestal that I put Jill on. Really SHORT...:laughing:

Just sayin'..Christine and Jill don't need no stinkin' pedestal..

ZEP
Nah, they don't need it and even if I did prop Christine up on a little pedestal, I certainly wouldn't tell her :laughing:

Yep, I was completely joking. When I want to get serious I talk about Hahn Premium, Champion and Full Sail. I had my ass completely kicked while on a sailing vacation in Canberra. The Hahn made me see Jesus, it made me a better Christian because I started talking in tongues. There is some good beer downunder.
Hehe, spat my coffee out reading that! I've not tried Full Sail or Champion before but I do like the Hahn. I was always a bit of a VB aficionado but of late, I've taken to Pure Blonde...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts