Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and read several threads on the pros and cons of both the Vette Net and the GM windscreen. I think I am about ready to order one but I can not make up my mind which one. I am about ready to flip a coin!

I like the fact I can get the Vette Net in my car color (velocity yellow) but I like the shape of the GM. Also, I read in a previous thread where the Vette Net interfered the drivers view from the rear-view mirror. I also like the fact that evidently the GM brackets are installed behind the seats and evidently the Vette Net brackets come off each time the windscreen is taken off???

Price wise, I can buy either one for about the same money so price is not a concern. I am more interested in how each one looks on the car (I have seen the GM but I have never seen the Vette Net) and how much trouble the GM is to install and any pros and cons of each.

Thanks for anyone's input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Windscreen

Lumberjack,

I just installed the GM windscreen last weekend...It was pretty easy and just takes a little patience making the cut in the carpet...It fits nice, that's why I went with the GM product...You can also do it without removing the speaker wall...It's jts makes it a little tougher to get the wires through for the safety tab if you have the power top...If your not interested in color matching your car, this is the one to go with...

Rowdy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Rowdy. I just ordered the GM windscreen this afternoon. I do have the power top and I was a little worried about removing the speaker panel. I might try installing it without removing the speakers. Also, I might need to give you a shout when I get it and install it if I get stuck. Thanks again for the reply!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Screen

No problem...If you pull the carpet out on the right side of the car behind the pass seat, you can run the wires through there to connect to the stock safety tab...Neat piece and you can't see the Corvette from the front of the car , but you can from behind...Let me know how you make out...

Rowdy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do! Thanks so much for the replies. I am always nervous when I start to do something to my baby. I am so afraid I might mess-up. Everything usually works out fine though. Thanks again. :buhbye:

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts