Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
They are vendors on another Corvette forum, who shall remain unnamed, wink wink.

I am running their ported throttle body and intake manifold. They gave noticable gains from about 3500 rpm to redline.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are vendors on another Corvette forum, who shall remain unnamed, wink wink.

I am running their ported throttle body and intake manifold. They gave noticable gains from about 3500 rpm to redline.
Did you need to adjust LTFTs after the install?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was looking at their stage 1 kit. That comes with the VetteAir, Killer Bee CAI, Ported TB and Ported Intake for under a G. Does anyone have any data on this kit? I'm curious which tuner has the best bolt on mods out there? I just got the car a week ago and I can't wait to start modding this thing.

I will make a few track passes stock to see where I'm at before modding.

·
Registered
508 Posts
DJZ...

I just went to your fquick.com pics. You have some sweet rides!!!! I love your new Z06!!! That is one awesome looking ride!!! I love Black!!! Congrats on your new vette!!! :partyon: :thumbsup: :cheers:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking at their stage 1 kit. That comes with the VetteAir, Killer Bee CAI, Ported TB and Ported Intake for under a G. Does anyone have any data on this kit? I'm curious which tuner has the best bolt on mods out there? I just got the car a week ago and I can't wait to start modding this thing.

I will make a few track passes stock to see where I'm at before modding.
Call Carlos. I think he prefers the K&N intake for several reasons.

·
Registered
34 Posts
DJZ...

I just went to your fquick.com pics. You have some sweet rides!!!! I love your new Z06!!! That is one awesome looking ride!!! I love Black!!! Congrats on your new vette!!! :partyon: :thumbsup: :cheers:
Thanks a lot for the compliment! What, no love for my Fords on that site???:laughing: The Vette is the first GM product I've had to pay (parent rides) so all my Ford buddies think I've joined the dark side.:laughing: Most of them love the Vette and understand why.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How would you guys rate the VaraRam to Vette Air? They seem to be the same product almost?

·
Registered
92 Posts
How would you guys rate the VaraRam to Vette Air? They seem to be the same product almost?
Get the Vette-air. Works as well, more stealthy, easier install, less chance of water ingestion.

Did you need to adjust LTFTs after the install?
Yes, the ported throttle body moves so much more air at throttle tip that you need to adjust the tune.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Look at my sig. That is what I got out of the set up your looking at. Had it dyno tuned stock them started adding one mod at a time just to see what add on produced how much HP & Torque.

Every dyno will read a little different but you should be around the same numbers.....by the way Carlos is a good guy and very helpfull with quick customer service.

Good luck:cheers:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Vette Air

Look at my sig. That is what I got out of the set up your looking at. Had it dyno tuned stock them started adding one mod at a time just to see what add on produced how much HP & Torque.

Every dyno will read a little different but you should be around the same numbers.....by the way Carlos is a good guy and very helpfull with quick customer service.

Good luck:cheers:
I've got all that and his 600 cam and headers.Also HP tuned.Car is unreal.Carlos is The Man.Back tires didn't last long after these Mods.:devil:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
All I can tell you is the guy that tunes for Carlos tuned my car at another shop before him and Carlos hooked up. It was the worst tune I have had on my car. The owner of the shop that maintains my car took it upon himself to retune my car and get it right. It is running like a monster again.

The Vette-Air works I have seen proof of that. It is not sealed like the VaraRam so it will not provide the same horsepower at speed but it does provide a shot of cold air and smooths the air flow going to the intake.

:cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts