Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my drivers side sun visor back from vettemods.com and I’m very satisfied with the Homelink garage opener that they installed in it. Vettemods workmanship is impeccable and Rick’s attention to detail is impressive. Rick found that the mirror cover was not closing tightly on the visor and the vanity lights were flicker on and off. They repaired it at no additional charge. Now that what I call quality orientated and customer focused. I can highly recommend vettemods.com to anyone who is tired of fumbling for the garage or gate remotes. This modification looks factory. Best regards.:thumbsup:

Mike

·
Registered
143 Posts
:agree:

I ordered a complete visor from them rather than sending mine off. It literally took just minutes to install, and it not only looks great, it works like a dream!! No more multiple controls to store somewhere...could not be more satisfied. Best money spent in a long while :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Banned
477 Posts
:agree:

I ordered a complete visor from them rather than sending mine off. It literally took just minutes to install, and it not only looks great, it works like a dream!! No more multiple controls to store somewhere...could not be more satisfied. Best money spent in a long while :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Hi there! I bought a Visor with homelink from GM, and it didnt come with installation instructions. I have a 1LZ (is it pre-wired for homelink? does it work off the same illuminatino wire as the mirror?) how do you program the buttons? thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HomeLink

Hi there,
It sounds like you are trying to make a retro fit of some sort, so I can’t advise you there. What I can tell you is it appears the Vettemods folks take the visors apart and wire the power supply for the Home Link control to the same wires that supply power to the vanity mirror. The Home Link transmitter has everything it needs to operate inside the little housing that contains the control buttons. As far as programming it you can go to the Home Link web site at homelink.com and find easy programming instructions. Best of luck!

Mike

·
Banned
477 Posts
Hi there,
It sounds like you are trying to make a retro fit of some sort, so I can’t advise you there. What I can tell you is it appears the Vettemods folks take the visors apart and wire the power supply for the Home Link control to the same wires that supply power to the vanity mirror. The Home Link transmitter has everything it needs to operate inside the little housing that contains the control buttons. As far as programming it you can go to the Home Link web site at homelink.com and find easy programming instructions. Best of luck!

Mike
Thanks... I actually bought the original GM part for my car. I'm sure the wiring is all together. Thanks!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks... I actually bought the original GM part for my car. I'm sure the wiring is all together. Thanks!
What "origianal GM" part did you buy? As far as I know GM never offered Homelink in the C5.

·
Banned
477 Posts
Sorry, wrong section. Its a 2008 Z06... but they don't offer Homelink anymore its "car2u" - and it doesn't work with anything! (including mild2wild which is mainly why I bought it) ughhhh:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts