Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Letting everyone know that the Corpus Christi Corvette Club will be hosting the Vettes and Jets on the Lex 2011 on September 10th and 11th 2011. We will be upping the Corvette numbers from 325 to 350 Corvettes loaded aboard the USS Lexington flight deck. We put on this event in an effort to raise money and awareness for the Wounded Warrior Project. The WWP is an organization that helps our wounded Veterans as they return from overseas conflicts. For more info on them visit www.woundedwarriorproject.org We hope to sell out again and put on a great show and support for our troops. For more info on the event visit www.vettesandjetsonthelex.org
The event will consist of Saturday's kick off and loading of all 350 Corvettes, a patriotic ceremony, the Veterans Band concert and tours of the Lexington. Sunday is an all Corvette car show and special guest speakers. We will have a sock hop dance aboard the ship Saturday night and many, many other events. We will also be raffling off a 2011 Camaro RS with a limited number of tickets to 5031 (5/31 symbolizing Memorial Day). Thanks you all for your support and for supporting our wounded veterans.
Maverick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
01 April 2011 "Registration Opens"

We have set the date for registration to open on 01 April 2011. On that date you will be able to open and download the new 2011 event registration form and mail it in. I have had several clubs email me about best ways to get thiers in and I explain to them that the best and fastest way is to get your group or club registrations together and send them in overnight via UPS, FedEx or USPS. Since USPS has that pay one price "if it fits it ships" priority box, those would hold the most and be the most economical too.
I hope that this helps everyone to have a heads up for the event.
Thanks for your support!

Maverick

·
Registered
591 Posts
:excited:
Holy crap! I wished I lived closer so that I could participate.

Please post pics after its conclusion.

Good luck with your event. It sounds like a tremendous opportunity!

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Hey Maverick,
I got the registration forms we are getting together on Saturday to get them in the mail should have them on Monday! Its going to be 4 cars from our group and we are really looking forward to the trip!!
See Ya in September
Fred

1 - 5 of 5 Posts