Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

401 - 412 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Thanks! I'm in the cypress area, although I'll be out in the Humble area from time to time hanging with friends. I'll PM you once I start taking it out in the Humble area. I still need to drive it around my area to break it in and to be sure everything is functioning properly before taking it too far from home.

·
Registered
720 Posts
All that great work, :partyon: and no headliner?

The vid of the one piece door glass, your 'power widow' motor is noisy! :laughing:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
Thanks guys! I'll post some more updates soon. Hopefully some time slips.

All that great work, :partyon: and no headliner?

The vid of the one piece door glass, your 'power widow' motor is noisy! :laughing:
:laughing: I can't slide a head liner between the roll cage and the roof. I'm going to make a head liner that'll work with the roll cage. The stock head liner just wont fit. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I know this is resurrecting a very dead thread BUT does anyone know what happened to the OR poster?

The last this poster posted was after his car was running and then everything went silent. I hate to think that things went horribly wrong when he was driving his V8 Bug. That is a very short wheelbase for that kind of HP. I know a guy now who just finished a V8 Gremlin with nitrous and he scared himself so bad driving it naturally aspirated that he doesn't see himself ever turning on the nitrous.

I would really like to hear the OP is alive and well and life just took him in some other direction.

OP, if you are out there, please update this thread for us.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
He got it finished, tried to power brake it and the engine stood still and the car turned over. He's still rolling somewhere.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
He got it finished, tried to power brake it and the engine stood still and the car turned over. He's still rolling somewhere.
Thank you, I appreciate the update. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
LOL! I did "finish" the car. Took it to a few shows. It was more of a trailer "queen". It was good for short drives. I battled it overheating the whole time...

Some life changes came up. Got divorced and have 3 kiddos, sooo long story short child support isn't cheap. lol

I ended up selling the car because I constantly battled it overheating. Since I've sold it, it's been in about 5 other peoples hands since about 2013. No one has been able to keep it running cool.

I ended up doing some other projects. A stock VW beetle that I drove a lot, and a hotrod El Camino project. It nice having projects I could actually drive 50 miles to the track, have some fun, and drive home.

Next project I'm working on will be a VW beetle with a diet, and a super sport bike engine. Either a ZX-14R or a liter bike engine.

I hope everyone's projects are going well and just wanted to chime in and let you know I'm alive and well. Been highly focused on my screen printing business.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
Since this is an OT thread, I figure it would be okay to post a couple links to what has been taking up most of my time these days.

YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Q8awBdzzV7O7Mh0CPsQww?view_as=subscriber

My business...
https://www.mikeydesigns.com

I've gotten some pretty cool sponsors over the past couple years and the YouTube channel has been quite the creative outlet.

This coming year I may vlog the motorcycle powered bug project, or do something with music again. I have been playing guitar / singing for about 25 years now. I haven't been on stage in well over year and that's another passion of mine. :partyon: Things are just going well with the business and don't want to shift too much away from it until I have enough employees so that the business runs itself.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
LOL! I did "finish" the car. Took it to a few shows. It was more of a trailer "queen". It was good for short drives. I battled it overheating the whole time...

Some life changes came up. Got divorced and have 3 kiddos, sooo long story short child support isn't cheap. lol

I ended up selling the car because I constantly battled it overheating. Since I've sold it, it's been in about 5 other peoples hands since about 2013. No one has been able to keep it running cool.

I ended up doing some other projects. A stock VW beetle that I drove a lot, and a hotrod El Camino project. It nice having projects I could actually drive 50 miles to the track, have some fun, and drive home.

Next project I'm working on will be a VW beetle with a diet, and a super sport bike engine. Either a ZX-14R or a liter bike engine.

I hope everyone's projects are going well and just wanted to chime in and let you know I'm alive and well. Been highly focused on my screen printing business.
Thanks for the update, sorry to here the V8 was always running hot.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you produce next.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts

Thanks for the update. I did enjoy following along on this build.

401 - 412 of 412 Posts