Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

He's a problem for you... If I am driving down the highway at 65 or so and step on it, (Auto 4 by the way) once it starts to wind up I get a bad vibration. Note, if I accelerate slowly, there is no vibration..

At idle, it's as smooth as silk. Only vibrates when you step on it.. One person said the torque converter is bad, another said it's a bad valve spring.

I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Vinnie

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Hey Vinnie,
sorry to hear that.Do you have any codes.Theres quit a few tranny codes for the auto tranny.Has this been going on since you swapped the rear,or just started recently.Only thing i can suggest since i'm no expert,is check the rear end fluid,and at the back of the motor/bellhousing,theres an inspection cover,can pull out with a screw driver,the torque tube bolts are in there,and sometimes one can get loose or even fall out.If you know someone with a scanner (like me)you can read whats up while driving.maybe re-torque all the rear end related bolts also.good luck,and please post your results.:buhbye:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Can you feel the vibration in any other gear?
try putting the car in drive, while holding the brakes on give it some gas, Give yourself some room your car may lurch forward. Can you feel it then??
A vibration on acceleration could be anything from a Cylinder Missfire To a binding driveshaft

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UNUDDER THING

THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE GUYS. THIS STARTED AFTER THE GEAR SWAP BUT....

WHEN IT WAS ON THE DYNO, ON THE FIRST PASS I SAW THE EXHAUST COLOR CHANGE AT THE END OF THE FIRST PULL. (WHEN IT WAS AROUND 6000 RPM IN HIGH GEAR. ON EACH PULL AFTER THAT, I SAW THE SAME THING. THERE WAS ALSO A "DIP" IN THE HP AT THAT RPM.

HE THOUGHT IT WAS A BAD VALVE SPRING......

I HAVE NOTICED IT GET WORSE SINCE THE DYNO RUNS.

IT'S ONLY NOTICABLE IN HIGH GEAR WHEN YOU LOAD IT UP.

IT WILL RIP IF YOU PUNCH IT FROM A DEAD STOP OR IF IT DOWNSHIFTS AT SAY 30 MPH. I REALLY DONT FEEL IT THERE.

THANKS GUYS..

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I'd think your next step woul be to get your hands on a scan tool and watch your adaptive memory % and your knock sensors while you drive. your ecm may be adding/taking away fuel and/or timing from one bank of cylinders .... You need to know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts