Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

[Video] High speed passes on a country road

9K views 49 replies 33 participants last post by  US Marine 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#2 ·
#6 ·
I didn't get any 150mph shots but nice to see I'm not the only one that's a little nuts. That Vette sounds awsome too. :thumbsup:

I have to take still pics for now so all I have is the quick before shots. The canyon roads outside of San Diego host my Vette almost every weekend.

I DON'T always drive fast.
Sometimes even with a clear straight away, I slow down to enjoy life for bit.
Of course I do it down shifted and then mash the peddle to the floor and see how fast I can get to nowhere.

#14 ·
Nice video, I'm just glad no one decided to pull out of their driveway when you had it at a buck and a half.

#15 ·
Great video man, Keep it safe. :thumbsup:

#16 ·
Nice video and background music:thumbsup: The exhaust sounds damn good in that clip.

#17 ·
Love it:partyon:

#18 ·
DUDE!! That's crazy!!!:crazy: Good Job on the horn blasting, LOL! Where was that anyways? Im in Staten Island, looks like a good strip for me and my Z :D. Patrick :thumbsup:

#21 ·
I was in Houston this week and there was a story in the local paper about some guys getting felony charges. Long story short, the police got a video of a bunch of people fighting their pit bulls and there was enough evidence on the video to charge a bunch of them.

I liked your video, but I'd hate to see anyone get in trouble over it. Granted speeding (in my opinion) is less offensive than dog fighting.

#25 ·
Thanks for all the comments guys, ummm that wasnt the horn guys, it seems to be everytime I hit 150-154 they traction warning chimes in and disables the traction system........it never fails, my heart skips a beat cause I dont know whats going on, and not knowing at 150 makes it even more scarier.

As for the driveway on the left, I had my eyes glued to it!!!, cause, when youre making a right turn, you usually look to your left. :thud: ......

heres another clip where traction control goes hay-wire at 150

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4464362227358692636&hl=en

#24 ·
Looked like a fun ride to me. I agree with everyone else the exhaust sounds good in the clip and even though you were speeding I trhink it was done just about as safe as possible if that makes any sense.

#28 ·

http://www.monster-pod.com/
this thing is amazing, and only like 30 bucks

In conjunction with an Casio Axilim EX-S770 that records in 16:9 w/image stabalization, it comes out great, the upload compresses the sh!t out of it, the actual quality is 10, compared to a 4 of what you guys are seeing :buhbye:

#32 ·
Awsome run and vid. LOVED it!!! :thumbsup:

Wondering if anyone noticed at 1:41 or a touch after that there was a few set of skid marks as the main road meets the cross roads, looks like there has been a few close calls or wrecks in that section of the stretch of road.:huh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.