Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SEE THE VIDEO OF THE CHUNKED TIRES!

Damn, torture those run flats on the track and you don't wear them out, you tear chunks out of the tread.:devil:

Each rear wheel is missing... I dunno... at least 10-20 thumb sized chunks from the tread. I haven't looked at the fronts yet, I have to turn the wheel and I'm too lazy to pull it out of the garage.:laughing:

What's interesting is that it's not the tread closest to the outside of the tire, it's in the middle of the tread.

I'm charging my camera, and will supply pics. Time for new tires at 14k miles!:laughing:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
And just how long does it take to charge this camera...:spanked: :spanked:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
:nuts: Battery must still be charging?:laughing:

·
Registered
533 Posts
He needs a faster battery charger. Cmon Patrick, you don't have a DC charger that runs like a stripped ass monkey!! :rolling:

·
Brown Noser
782 Posts
Damn, torture those run flats on the track and you don't wear them out, you tear chunks out of the tread.:devil:

Each rear wheel is missing... I dunno... at least 10-20 thumb sized chunks from the tread. I haven't looked at the fronts yet, I have to turn the wheel and I'm too lazy to pull it out of the garage.:laughing:

What's interesting is that it's not the tread closest to the outside of the tire, it's in the middle of the tread.

I'm charging my camera, and will supply pics. Time for new tires at 14k miles!:laughing:
First rule in Photography ... charge the batteries when you get back from an event so they are charged when you need them again!! :partyon:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First rule in Photography ... charge the batteries when you get back from an event so they are charged when you need them again!! :partyon:
My camera is old! I am charging 2 AA batteries, takes forever. I'll only get 2 pics unless they charge all day.

·
Brown Noser
782 Posts
My camera is old! I am charging 2 AA batteries, takes forever. I'll only get 2 pics unless they charge all day.
Man... swing by Wal-Mart (or Menards) ... Energizer 2700mAH Rechargables, $19.99 ... they last weeks in my dad's old camera ... in my high-powered flash (Canon 580ex) they last 200-300 pictures ... well worth the $20

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man... swing by Wal-Mart (or Menards) ... Energizer 2700mAH Rechargables, $19.99 ... they last weeks in my dad's old camera ... in my high-powered flash (Canon 580ex) they last 200-300 pictures ... well worth the $20
:laughing:

What's funny is I own 9 nearly brand new Mini-DV camcorders. But a 4 year old digital photo camera. :laughing:

·
Brown Noser
782 Posts
:laughing:

What's funny is I own 9 nearly brand new Mini-DV camcorders. But a 4 year old digital photo camera. :laughing:
Even that is old school ... HD 720p Hard Drive Camcorders ... are where it's at ... especially if you have 9 MiniDV ones ... you can shrink that down to 3-4 HD Hard Drive ones and save a ton of time ripping video.

Our church out in Chicago (IL-59 in Bartlett, IL actually) just got these so I got one when they got their group discount ... totally bada$$

·
Registered
533 Posts
Not to mention you can fully charge them in 20 minutes.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
The man has two Corvettes and cant afford to get an extra set of AA batteries...:smack

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Even that is old school ... HD 720p Hard Drive Camcorders ...
The problem with HD right now is that it takes a gigabyte of disk space per minute.

For each episode I will need 500 GB to a terrabyte of local storage and a serious workstation to edit. Neither of which I have at the moment.

I also need the digital video tapes for archive, I certainly can't have a bazillion terrabytes of storage to store that stuff long term, which I need to do per the contract. Some shows I won't be editing for many months now, need a place to put the data. I already have 150 mini DV tapes in the archive. We just finished shooting episode 24.

But, we will start shooting in HD soon, working with the network on that right now to find a workable solution.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
533 Posts
The problem with HD right now is that it takes a gigabyte of disk space per minute.

For each episode I will need 500 GB to a terrabyte of local storage and a serious workstation to edit. Neither of which I have at the moment.

I also need the digital video tapes for archive, I certainly can't have a bazillion terrabytes of storage to store that stuff long term, which I need to do per the contract. Some shows I won't be editing for many months now, need a place to put the data. I already have 150 mini DV tapes in the archive. We just finished shooting episode 24.

But, we will start shooting in HD soon, working with the network on that right now to find a workable solution.

SWEET!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Brown Noser
782 Posts

:thumbsup: HD is the best ... just the price of entry is high ... and on the storage front ... look into the Western Digital MyBooks with Firewire ... I have 3 (total of 3TB) on my workstation at work just for testing large 250+GB databases

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
The run flats will chunk if they are not heated slowly. It is frustrating but I spend the first lap heating my F1s and the remainder of the laps running down the people I let by while my tires where heating. Also I think the Z06 F1s are a different compund than the Z51 F1s.

On stock Rims for the track the best choice is Hoosier. For the best all around combination switch to 18in rears and run Toyo RA 1s. They will outlast PS2 Sports and out grip PS2 Sport Cups:surprised

:cheers:

·
Registered
533 Posts
From the video, it looks like the majority of it is near the outside edge of the tire which seems to always take the most abuse when tracking the car. You should show that to the makers of the tire and say hey, I don't have many miles on these tires, can you warranty them :D

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From the video, it looks like the majority of it is near the outside edge of the tire which seems to always take the most abuse when tracking the car. You should show that to the makers of the tire and say hey, I don't have many miles on these tires, can you warranty them :D
Only 12k miles on the car. This is the first time it was at the track. The tires are destroyed.:thud:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts