Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Just a little video of my Vette idling when I first fired it up yesterday. The sound isn't the greatest because I recorded it on my phone. Hope you like it!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Nice, not too choppy, sounds reasonable for street use.

Did you paint the lower fascia or is it one of those ABS pieces? I'm itching to do it to mine, think I going to try the plasti-dip first.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, not too choppy, sounds reasonable for street use.

Did you paint the lower fascia or is it one of those ABS pieces? I'm itching to do it to mine, think I going to try the plasti-dip first.
It is reasonable to a point! Starts to get old quick in heavy traffic when you are having to feather the gas pedal just right while letting off the clutch so you don't start surging and look like an idiot who can't drive.:laughing: The rear fascia is painted. I did it in gloss black to match the rest of the paint and added the pinstripe to break up the dead line at the end. Wasn't a hard project to do at all.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
First start? Is the car tuned?

good idea to use the plastic stuff, i had mine painted, hated the look, had to paint it back. I did a little black on my front that i like and will keep though.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First start? Is the car tuned?

good idea to use the plastic stuff, i had mine painted, hated the look, had to paint it back. I did a little black on my front that i like and will keep though.
I guess I should have been more specific in my title. It is the first time I have started it up this year since I parked it last winter. I've had the bug to get it out for awhile now but being busy with everything else has kept her neglected until now. It has an HP tuning tune in it right now. I am wanting to take it down to Vengeance Racing or MTI sometime this year and get a dyno tune on it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It sounds....well, let me think of the word........FAST! No doubt it will run as good as it sounds. I also like the back bottom blacked out, looks good! Best of luck with it and drive safe bro! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sounds good!
I may be a bit biased, but I recommend Vengeance for a dyno tune. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It sounds....well, let me think of the word........FAST! No doubt it will run as good as it sounds. I also like the back bottom blacked out, looks good! Best of luck with it and drive safe bro! :thumbsup:
Thanks!! It is pretty quick, not a monster but definitely a LOT faster than stock! I am leaning more towards Vengeance for my tune too. I have talked to them multiple times and they sound pretty squared away. I am hoping a good tune done right on the car while it is running versus a mail-order tune will make a difference. It has a little bit of finicky manners right now and I am pretty sure that is from the tune and Vengeance agreed and said they would get all of her road manners in good shape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts