Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, here's the link to all the video and pics taken thus far in my engine swap project. I will update the page as the project progresses, so check back often:

http://www.jvs-online.net/97vette.htm

Enjoy. Oh, and for you high bandwidth folks who watch the videos, make sure to notice the SHORT SLEEVE T-Shirts we're wearing. I'd sure hate to be doing this project in the midwest this time of year ;)

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
WOW :surprised

That's a ton of work. Watched the first video. Funny what you said regarding the black paint job at the end. I was thinking the same.

Thanks for creating the video's :thumbsup:

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Ever figure out why the connecting rods snapped? I couldn't watch the videos, just incase you mentioned it there.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BubbleHead said:
Ever figure out why the connecting rods snapped? I couldn't watch the videos, just incase you mentioned it there.

No idea why the connecting rods broke. I'm assuming one of them went out and took the other with it since they were in opposite cylinders. The car never knocked, so I don't think it was bearing related, I have never over-heated the car, and the highest it's ever revved is 6400 rpm.

When the new engine is running in the car, I'll turn my attention back to tearing down the LS1 to try and determine a root cause, but there are so many variables that we may never really know for certain what happened. I was hoping to EBay at least a few parts from the old engine, but to this point there doesn't seem to be a lot left that's re-buildable, so it will most likely be going to the aluminum recycling center.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ragvette said:
Funny what you said regarding the black paint job at the end. I was thinking the same.

Black paint update 12/23 - Still no scratches, but I'll sure be relieved when we drop that hood shut at the end of this adventure!

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Are you using the LS1 intake, exhaust manifolds, balancer, flywheel, throttle body, and electronics?

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
poncherello said:
Are you using the LS1 intake, exhaust manifolds, balancer, flywheel, throttle body, and electronics?

I am upgrading the intake manifold to the LS6 style, and I'm using BBK headers. I am using the flywheel and throttle body off my LS1, but the new engine came with a new balancer.

I will use the computer in my car, but I will have to re-program the fuel and spark curves using LS1 edit.

I detailed a lot of this in the following thread, check it out for more info:

http://69.39.84.240/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6341

1 - 10 of 10 Posts