Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
If it wasn't totalled before the tow truck driver got it, it was when it arrived at its final destination. That was just despicable.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
WTF you always flatbed a sportscar, they're just to lowwith too many valuable pieces hanging low. Also you always flatbed a vehicle that has lost a wheel. The tow truck driver is a ****ing retard and if I were the insurance company I would make sure he was culpable for the damages he caused.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Sick and Despicable, absolutely DESPICABLE.
Even a rookie would have stayed on scene and called for a proper flat bed sled. My guess is he was in the vacinity and "jumped" the real tow call for "Corvette" and had to get away before the real tow arrived. ..........and the owner was where?????????? ...Who among us Corvette owners would not stay with your car for a tow. Only if we were dead. And that certainly did not look like a fatality.

Even if his priority was only to clear the seen, he never chocked the front side of the rears, drove the beam up and into the trans..........and supported the car with only a chain.:thud: I'm done...........

·
Registered
846 Posts
That was hard to watch......gotta go throw up again now.

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
....I agree, wait for the flatbed ,time is not an issue your already
screwed as it is. It looked like sparks flying as he goes under
the overpass.....:surprised

...the tow driver seemed to careless liked nothing happed....:crazy:

...well its already messed up so I could find a little humor here, ...like.....whats the worst that could happen now.....:laughing:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sorry, but i'm going to clearly be the minority here.

While i love my C5 and would hate to see this happen to it, think about the tow truck driver. Do you guys have any idea how many responders and tow drivers get killed every year from dumbasses rubber necking and then slamming into the accident themselves? If they sit there long enough, someone WILL slam into them. I don't blame him one bit for hooking it and running. This was a car facing the wrong way on the highway. The car is replaceable, the people working to clear the highway are not.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Looks to me we have a untrained city tow truck driver. I would like to know what he hooked on with the J-hook chains and why he did not lock or tie down the steering wheel. The Corvette should have been loaded on a rollback and this would not have happened. I have been towing street cars and Nascar Sprint Cup cars for over 30 years and have never did damage like this guy did. It makes tow truck drivers look like a bunch of ass-holes

·
Registered
673 Posts
Looks to me we have a untrained city tow truck driver. I would like to know what he hooked on with the J-hook chains and why he did not lock or tie down the steering wheel. The Corvette should have been loaded on a rollback and this would not have happened. I have been towing street cars and Nascar Sprint Cup cars for over 30 years and have never did damage like this guy did. It makes tow truck drivers look like a bunch of ass-holes
Wrecker3 you sound like someone who should know since this is what you do. Is that tow truck driver liable for the extra damage he caused? Or would it depend on the situation? For instance in this case where he may be working for the city. I would think there is some clause that essentially absolves him of any responsibility with regards to additional damage to the vehicle from towing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If a car is damaged when i tow it the company i work for will repair the damage we did. Now if this guy works for a city you would have to go after the city for the damage.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts

While i love my C5 and would hate to see this happen to it, think about the tow truck driver. Do you guys have any idea how many responders and tow drivers get killed every year from dumbasses rubber necking and then slamming into the accident themselves? If they sit there long enough, someone WILL slam into them. I don't blame him one bit for hooking it and running. This was a car facing the wrong way on the highway. The car is replaceable, the people working to clear the highway are not.
Then dont be a tow truck driver, follow procedure and have a cop secure the lane 50 yards infront. With the damage to the front suspension, nose,rocker panel and rear the driver added, the car will definatly be "totalled".. i would guess it fell off the truck down the road as it was sliding sideways as he drove off, thats just a bad tow truck driver that destroyed a car

·
Registered
11,227 Posts

....I agree you are the minority....:laughing:.....he should
have waited for a LEO to keep that lane clear, thats why you
take precautions....:D

....just to much of a hurry, you did notice he went back and
hooked the rear end, so if he would have done it right the
first time he won't by crying MOMMA....:laughing:

·
Registered
243 Posts
For a long list of bad luck I've had before, (and wont go into now :lookinup: ) I've been towed plenty of times. I also have had several of the many tow companies tow me. I always stayed with the vehicle and watched as it was hooked up. With one exception, they have all provided friendly and quality service.

I have to agree with wrecker3 that this is a time when the one bad apple makes them all look bad. But from my experience, most tow drivers know what they are doing and do it right, and usually friendlier than anyone else working public service. And by the job they have, they usually end up with more people having a bad day and attitude.

I conclude with a thank you to the good tow drivers, keep putting this crapper in his place.
~wd40:buhbye:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts