Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, so i want know...the 1960 and 1961 have a Vin numbers on steering column, so the frame have a numbers and where is the locations?
Thanks.
Claudio:buhbye:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
There are actually several locations for these "confidential" VIN numbers used to aid in theft recovery. I used to have a book that listed these locations, let me see if I can dig it up. The other best way would be to find someone who has done a body off restoration on one of these cars, they will probably have recorded the locations. Many of them are not easy to locate.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I'm still looking....give me a few days. I think it's packed away with alot of the restoration books I had, I hope it is anyway.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
The easiest one to see is just below the drivers side door towards the front of the car and on the outside of the rail. You will need a mirror to see it as it is on top of the frame rail and unless it has been removed there will be a piece of rubber covering it. The rubber keeps the numbers nice and fresh. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Rub the area where the numbers are with some fine sand paper. If your frame is in good shape the numbers will come right up. If they don't come up well you will need to work on them and that is best done with the body off. My 66 numbers were hard to read because they never covered the frame numbers on mid-years. On the 66 frame we had to sand alot and then we acid etched them and they suddenly came up nice and clear. But that was done with the body off. Good luck. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.