Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several kind people have posted information about finding the vin on the frame of their c3 vettes - mentioning various years but not 1981. I am burning a lot of energy looking on the top of the frame rail near the rear-left body mount. No luck so far. Can anyone verify that in 1981 that was the vin location? Or was it moved somewhere else?

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
VIN location on frame

I've been neck deep in a restomod of my 81 and have been all over the frame. I have the 1981 Service Manual and page 2A-1 shows that "frame identification" is stamped into the metal at the rear driver side and on the rear crossmember behind the fuel tank. My car was a barn find with less than 50K documented miles and completely virgin, but there is nothing stamped into the frame at those locations. I haven't found anything resembling the VIN number anywhere on the frame.

·
Banned
Z06 with Z07 Package
2 Posts
VIN can tell everything that the cargo can tell, except for the history of accidents. On Vingurus , I was looking for information on your request. Unfortunately, vin checker does not have such data.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts