Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
quikpak said:
I'm purchasing a 58 and it is missing the VIN Plate. The Title matches the frame ID. Can I obtain a replacement? Source?:huh:
There was/is a company that advertised in Hemmings and some others that was offering replacement VIN tags for mid-years. Don't know if they do solid axles as well.

Not sure how legal this is......

:D :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'd be curious as to how this will work out for you.

Buy a car without a VIN plate could mean it is stolen. And, for that very reason you may have a heck of a time trying to get the situation remedied.

Let us know how it goes!

·
Liftin' the fronts
2,261 Posts
I have a friend that was in the same mess, the VIN on the frame matched the ownership but the plate was long gone ( somebody took it off for a paint job then missplaced it). I made one up for him useing mine as a pattern with his VIN. When I was finished it looked stock . The frame VIN is what counts but I would be carefull as there are people that would pass off stolen cars in this same manner. Any questions drop me a line. Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.