Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm purchasing a 58 and it is missing the VIN Plate. The Title matches the frame ID. Can I obtain a replacement? Source?:huh:

·
Registered
525 Posts
quikpak said:
I'm purchasing a 58 and it is missing the VIN Plate. The Title matches the frame ID. Can I obtain a replacement? Source?:huh:
There was/is a company that advertised in Hemmings and some others that was offering replacement VIN tags for mid-years. Don't know if they do solid axles as well.

Not sure how legal this is......

:D :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'd be curious as to how this will work out for you.

Buy a car without a VIN plate could mean it is stolen. And, for that very reason you may have a heck of a time trying to get the situation remedied.

Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quikpak you want to read the post on the Corvette Forum, General Resoration, it's by Noland Adams. It deal directly with your vin issue.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
bluestripe67 said:
Quikpak you want to read the post on the Corvette Forum, General Resoration, it's by Noland Adams. It deal directly with your vin issue.
If you have the link, you can post it. You won't offend anyone here!

:excited:

·
Liftin' the fronts
2,261 Posts
I have a friend that was in the same mess, the VIN on the frame matched the ownership but the plate was long gone ( somebody took it off for a paint job then missplaced it). I made one up for him useing mine as a pattern with his VIN. When I was finished it looked stock . The frame VIN is what counts but I would be carefull as there are people that would pass off stolen cars in this same manner. Any questions drop me a line. Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts