Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Viper Days - Vipers Retaliate - Fast loading Flash VIDEO

Even though John was fastest and by the rules should have been in grid position one, as you can see they sandwiched the Z06 between the two fastest Vipers from the unlimited class:surprised As you will see Vipers from the Unlimted Class kept rolling out to try their luck against the Z06.

Click to watch the Z06 take on the Comp Coupes
Viper Days - Z06 against Comp Coupes
FAST LOADING FLASH

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics from Viper Days

New Six piston Brembos

·
Registered
759 Posts
Those Viper guys must be like :surprised :surprised :surprised

how can this guy be passing me???...he doesn't even have a wing

or shinny wheels or stripes or anything :smack

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The times were posted. John was over four seconds faster than the next car in his group. He ended up fourth fastest overall but, it should be noted. In the morning session John beat the two fastest Viper in this video session. Business commitments and inclimate weather forced John to cut short his day. He thought his car had a 1:48 or 49 in it once the track warmed. that would have put him right there with the fastest Viper race car. Keep in mind that this is a head and cams Z06 with coilovers:surprised

Check the first session on Toyo RA 1s it is my favorite. John was driving the wheels off the car to beat the Vipers on Hoosier race rubber.

Only DC has the all the sessions from Viper Days.
First Session on Toyos
Hoosier Slicks second session

:cheers:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool video! Why were his dash lights flashing? :huh:
Its the Camera it was not a high-def. On my hi-def tape camera they don't flash. I guess it is a frames per second thing:huh:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Amazing stuff right there:partyon:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was my Camera. Ranger informed me of a fix. They will not blink next time. I am going to dual mics as it a stereo Camera. I will pin then to the carpet behind each seat and the wind noise should be minimum:thumbsup: Unfortunately in most amateur racing open driver's window is mandatory and many believe you should open both it you open one.

I can't tell you the sweet sound this car makes with LGs and stock exhaust.

I am thinking about switching to LGs when I do my head work in the Winter. I think I can run forth gear in places I need to run 3rd with my Kooks. John Page is working up a custom grind road race cam for me. That cam coupled with the LG's should be worth a few degrees on the Oil temps in Texas summer heat.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fast Loading

Flash Video:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pics from Viper Days

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

·
Registered
285 Posts
Great video. Great sounding Z06.

The last pass in the video that was red flagged was a great run. Two very fast cars. Not sure if Viper got out of it, but the Z06 was reeling him in.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great video. Great sounding Z06.

The last pass in the video that was red flagged was a great run. Two very fast cars. Not sure if Viper got out of it, but the Z06 was reeling him in.
These guys were in shock. We were pitted at the last pit out away from the Archer and Hennesey camps. I took car of the car between sessions while John mixed and mingled. As soon as John would walk away people would come over to look at the car and ask questions. They were in dis-belief after the first session on Slick and a couple came over to ask about weight reduction Mods (there is none).

Very cool weekend. Great driving by John and an awesome Z06 that is less radical than half the Z06s John builds for street rides. He knows he will be challenged next time and in his words "I guess I will have to bring a bigger gun next time."

Next video will probably be Sept. when John, SW and a couple of other Corvette guys will get togther at TWS. I may have some incar sooner than that but I do not think John will run in August.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts