Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the first run on slicks. Z06 was fastest of the group. There was one group above this the Unlimited but fuel cells and roll bars are required to compete there.

Hoping to show some real speed that would make a couple of the Unlimited guys come out and race, John Page mounted slicks and again dominated the field, even with a few Comp Coupes running in the session.

Click to watch Video
Viper-Days-2007---Saturday-on-Slicks

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I know I haven't posted anywhere in a while...but damn, that was one of the coolest videos I've seen in a while. Talk about GLUED to the road....

·
Registered
403 Posts
Here is the first run on slicks. Z06 was fastest of the group. There was one group above this the Unlimited but fuel cells and roll bars are required to compete there.

Hoping to show some real speed that would make a couple of the Unlimited guys come out and race, John Page mounted slicks and again dominated the field, even with a few Comp Coupes running in the session.

Click to watch Video
Viper-Days-2007---Saturday-on-Slicks

Enjoy
The videos mention a 21st century musclecars road race package.

But I cant find anything at the website referancing that package.

What does it cost, and what are you getting?

Rick

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The videos mention a 21st century musclecars road race package.

But I cant find anything at the website referancing that package.

What does it cost, and what are you getting?

Rick
Rick the Video was made for 21st Century Musclecars and they gave persmission to post it here but they are not a vendor on this site. I know the Z06 RR package is new and is not on the 21CMC website.

:cheers:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Rick the Video was made for 21st Century Musclecars and they gave persmission to post it here but they are not a vendor on this site. I know the Z06 RR package is new and is not on the 21CMC website.

Sorry, due to your knowledge of the events I thought you had some affiliation with the company.

Awesome videos by the way, absolutely awesome.

·
996 Posts
To be fair, were any of the vipers running slicks?

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes. Most of the Vipers were on Hoosier RR tires or Slicks in the last Session video all the Comp Coupe Vipers were on slicks. Keep in mind in the first session on Toyo RA-1s John lapped the field. More fast cars came out for the second and on Sunday the Vipers were throwing everything they had at the Z06. The car ended up 4th fastest overall and set that time on a cold track in the morning. John thought the car had a 1:49 or 49 in it on a warm track.

This car ran in the modified class but as the word spread about how fast this car was, several Comp Coupes from the unlimited class came out to play.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts