Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded my 1997 Viper GTS with 11,275 for a 2007 vet vert. The viper is a super, stock street racer but not as civilized or as comfortable to drive a sthe Vet. The styling is almost equal but the Vet bets this beast in many ways. Very happy to have the Vet.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Just traded my 1997 Viper GTS with 11,275 for a 2007 vet vert. The viper is a super, stock street racer but not as civilized or as comfortable to drive a sthe Vet. The styling is almost equal but the Vet bets this beast in many ways. Very happy to have the Vet.
welcome to dc

and congrats on your new vette:cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Welcome...you made a great choice.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Welcome to the good guys (both Forum and Vette owners).

ant to fell better about your choice check out this thread.
Viper against Vette

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Welcome aboard. Enjoy !!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Welcome to DC!

Congrats on your new ride, but did you have a chance to snap some pics of the two together? :devil: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
86 Posts

wow you only drove 11k in 10 years. Is the Vette going to be driven the same way or will you put more miles on it?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
wow you only drove 11k in 10 years. Is the Vette going to be driven the same way or will you put more miles on it?
I hope you drive & enjoy the vette A LOT MORE than 1100 miles a year?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Viper was not the most relaxing car to drive. You really had to concentrate on what you were doing- this beast would and did get away from you especially if the tires were not warmed up. My wife and I could take about one hour of driving and after that is was not the pleasure that the corvette is. Up to 1997 , I just had Vets and in '97 I deceided to try the Viper. For some strange reason, Viper owners wish to keep their mileage under 10,000. I quess they want the new owner to enjoy the ride. Our was a fourth car and therefore did not see much daylight. We intend to put about 15,000 miles a year on the Vet. However, the trade in value on the Viper was great. I paid $69,900 for it in '97 and got $39,000 in trade for the Vet, after a $6,500 savings off list. Yep, I am happy with the transaction and really happy being back in a Vet.

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
Welcome back:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts