Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And still get all pissy about the cost. Reminder: They voted for it. Now the real cost is only $50bil, possible $30bil after investment returns calculated.

So... Will the typical right wingers and Pubs still blame Obama and the Dems for over spending?

:rolling:

Probably. That is the sad truth. And their numbskull supporters will eat the week old table scraps from these 'leaders' and thank them for it.

:down:

·
Registered
798 Posts
:agree:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
post a link to credible references for this

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
And still get all pissy about the cost. Reminder: They voted for it. Now the real cost is only $50bil, possible $30bil after investment returns calculated.

So... Will the typical right wingers and Pubs still blame Obama and the Dems for over spending?

Probably. That is the sad truth. And their numbskull supporters will eat the week old table scraps from these 'leaders' and thank them for it.

Fine... if we have 700 billion in tax payer cash laying around... why did they just pass another 50 billion jobs bill ? -if we have 700 billion in tax payer cash laying around... we can leave the tax cut in place as it is paid for ?

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Fine... if we have 700 billion in tax payer cash laying around... why did they just pass another 50 billion jobs bill ?
:agree:
It was over $900 billion with added stimulus...
Oh yes, a link providing the math with a breakdown would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

Dood, wake up! We're accellerating our deficit spending and its going to take conservatives and not just good-ol-boy pubs and dems to stop the looming bankruptsy - if its even possible any more! :spanked:

IMHO dems expand government and spending more overall but the pubs spent like drunken sailors under bush jr. :thud:tea party type sentiment is the only thing out there that will change this ugly monster's course.

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
IMHO the dems expand government and spending more overall but the pubs spent like drunken sailors under bush jr. :thud:
If the pubs spent like drunken sailors, the deficit would have gone up during the Bush tenure.

When did the deficit go through the roof and who was holding the reigns to the power?

Please note that the President isn't the only boss around.

a++ Cedric

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If the pubs spent like drunken sailors, the deficit would have gone up during the Bush tenure.

When did the deficit go through the roof and who was holding the reigns to the power?

Please note that the President isn't the only boss around.

a++ Cedric
:agree: i blame liberal spenders more but its beyond political partys now. the same ol pubs and dems will not help us. we need a whole new crowd in washington or we're going bankrupt.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Dood, wake up! We're accellerating our deficit spending and its going to take conservatives and not just good-ol-boy pubs and dems to prevent the looming bankruptsy! :spanked:

IMHO the dems expand government and spending more overall but the pubs spent like drunken sailors under bush jr. :thud:tea party type sentiment is the only thing out there that will change this ugly monster's course.
I think a large part of the spending that occurred was the dems held congress since 2006, and Bush needed thier votes to approriate for Iraq, so... they made deals... I vote for Iraq if you vote $20 billion for this, $20 billion for that...

However, when B.O. took over, it was "screw bi-partisanship, we're spending everything to get every last program we've ever wanted as quickly as possible"... scared the heck out of everybody...even the CBO.

I can tell you that I'm pulling all the lever's that have an 'R' where I am, because they are all conservative...

IMHO it's that important, and at this time, right now, today...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I think a large part of the spending that occurred was the dems held congress since 2006, and Bush needed thier votes to approriate for Iraq, so... they made deals... I vote for Iraq if you vote $20 billion for this, $20 billion for that...

However, when B.O. took over, it was "screw bi-partisanship, we're spending everything to get every last program we've ever wanted as quickly as possible"... scared the heck out of everybody...even the CBO.

I can tell you that I'm pulling all the lever's that have an 'R' where I am, because they are all conservative...

IMHO it's that important, and at this time, right now, today...
Me too but aren't you dissapointed with the spending under bush and when the pubs controlled congress? the current crowd of republicans are more "go along to get along" IMO. They have been totally ineffective at stopping the growth in government. now we pay half our income to uncle sam. and its going to prevent us from sustaining a booming economy. And we're STILL going bankrupt!

I don't care what any politician says, if you spend more than you have you are a crook and and idiot and we're all going to pay for it :spanked:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
:laughing: You might want to read your own link before you serve that plate of crow...

Independent government watchdogs have criticized Treasury for trumpeting billions in "profits" or "revenues" — without mentioning that losses would eclipse those gains. Treasury still makes frequent references to taxpayer profits. The watchdogs also criticized Treasury for treating the banks with too much deference.

Hundreds of banks still hold billions of bailout dollars. Many need the money to survive. The GAO said 78 bailed-out banks have problems that could sink them.

:crazy: Too much tang, T. Your dick is robbing your brain of needed blood. :D

Hope you all are doing well. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
On a side note, if my memory serves me well, the Fed used TARP funds to save GM.

I believe we are looking at a $50 billion investment tag in GM, based on what I have heard it means that the Govt needs to sell it's share in the 130$ + range, before splits or whatever ...

Don't think that will happen before a while ... if they get 10 billion$ in the IPO it would be nice.

a++ Cedric

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
The very fact that the OP had to run in here with the most minuscule victory (due to Bush) -is telling on it's own. That celebrations are being had by those on the left -of it "only costing the tax payers 50 billion"... is another matter.

On one hand... you chastise the big evil corporations and special interests (never naming them by name) that court the government bureaucrats in to back room -sweetheart tax cuts for the rich... -on the backs of the working people... -In the other hand... you are more then willing to rescue them with billions of tax payer dollars... if only to give you something to point at -and bitch about...

You amuse me...

The lack of self-awareness by most on the left... is astounding. (even more so when they deny their allegiance)

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya'all are just scrambling because Obama figured out how to make a $700bil bill only cost $50bil. Gotta read between every line and insert your conjecture and 'yeah, but' wherever you can.

Number fact:
$50bil

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Ya'all are just scrambling because Obama figured out how to make a $700bil bill only cost $50bil. Gotta read between every line and insert your conjecture and 'yeah, but' wherever you can.

Number fact:
$50bil
Wait... I thought it was Bush that did TARP. You said so...!

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts

Number fact:
$50bil
You are not reading the facts. Treasury does not have 650 billion $ on it's bank account at all.

They're putting it down under good will dude, big ****ing difference.

Show me proof that the treasury has or will have shortly 650 billion on their bank account, until then we are just looking at propaganda.

a++ Cedric

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

Number fact:
$50bil
So... it still didn't do as advertised... it still cost the tax payers 50 bill... and you still champion this mans ideology. -Amazing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts