Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Vote for the C7's biggest need for improvement over the C6.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vote for the C7's biggest need for improvement over the C6.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
My choice isn't in the list. I want a flappy paddle shifter attached to a real sequential manual gearbox.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My choice isn't in the list. I want a flappy paddle shifter attached to a real sequential manual gearbox.
I should have included transmission as a choice. But I'll bet you'd rather drive a Ferrari?

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Nah, just think it's time to take advantage of some useful computer controls rather than waste them on gadget door handles and the like. I know people look at the cost of race SMG's (like the $25k unit you can buy for the C6) and think they would jack the cost way up, but when integrated into the development cost of the car, they wouldn't add as much to the cost when distributed over a long production run. The C5 didn't double in cost over its predecessor, even with a completely new drivetrain and platform.

Only driven two Ferrari. Not sure I should even count the Mondial though... but I wasn't impressed with either.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
You could just learn how to drive a stick...:rolling:

J/K Bro... Still a seat open in the Bondurant class starting Jan 31th. I'll share the track with you...:D

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I am glad to see most of us are agreeing on Weight and handleing...

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
I went with interior quality as this is something GM as a whole needs to improve. When the leather interior in a $25K Hyundai looks more inviting than a $50K+ vette something needs to be done. If I could vote for a 2nd improvement it would be to update the suspension to coil-overs.

·
Formerly DOC7000
4,513 Posts
no choice for all of the above

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Although I know the OP is asking us to choose the biggest improvement needed, but I can't say there is only one glaring upgrade needed.

The poll should be set up to allow multiple choices. There are a few of them (not just one) that I would vote for.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
You could just learn how to drive a stick...:rolling:

J/K Bro... Still a seat open in the Bondurant class starting Jan 31th. I'll share the track with you...:D
I keep ruining transmissions. What's that third pedal on the left for? My Playstation controller doesn't have one...
:smack

P.S. If I had the cash, I'd be right there with you bro.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no choice for all of the above
ouch, that's harsh! :laughing:

i'll have to do another poll, allow multiple choices, and include transmission.

personally i like the corvette formula as is -- sleek, OHV V8, rear drive, proper stick shift, all around performer, value. but i don't like obvious deficiencies like the forward weight bias and leaf springs (which I know work well but are not used by the C6R!!!).

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
I voted for styling and appearance change. I want to see something completely different for the C7...bold styling but yet no denying it's a Corvette.;)

I'm sure GM won't let us down, as far as I'm concerned they haven't yet.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
ouch, that's harsh! :laughing:

i'll have to do another poll, allow multiple choices, and include transmission.

personally i like the corvette formula as is -- sleek, OHV V8, rear drive, proper stick shift, all around performer, value. but i don't like obvious deficiencies like the forward weight bias and leaf springs (which I know work well but are not used by the C6R!!!).

You mean nuetral weight bias, only the S/C'd ZR1 carries more on the front axle than the rear.

·
Registered
38 Posts
3 things

IMO there are 3 things that need to be fixed so the corvette can become more mainstream and generate sales worldwide.

1. An interior according to its price. No cheap plastic or leather, better electronics and displays and better seats, even as an option but offer better seats.

2. A new double clutch transmission. I think the automatic should be replaced by a 7 speed DCT that will enhance performance and fuel economy and give the wuzzies who don't know how to operate a stick (or people who live in San Francisco and have to deal with the hills) a box that allows them to take maximum advantage of the car without the loose of power and dynamics.

3. A coil springs suspension + standard magnetic shocks. I think leaf springs are very clever but I believe the time for a fully modern suspension has arrived. Many europeans discard the corvette because of this and although the car is remarkable I think a new setup can improve both the car's handling and its reputation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts