Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess some people do not want change:smack

Embattled Rep. Charlie Rangel found out Tuesday night that Harlem voters still had his back as he crushed five opponents, including Adam Clayton Powell IV, a New York assemblyman and son of the legendary New York figure Rangel defeated in 1970 for his House seat.

With all precincts reporting, Rangel captured 51 percent of the vote to 23 percent for Powell, his closet challenger.

Rangel is all but guaranteed to keep the seat in the heavily Democratic district.

The victory comes as the 80-year-old fights ethics charges. He is likely to face trial in the House in November. He has urged his constituents to stand with him.

The 13 ethics violations Rangel is charged with are mostly related to his personal finances and has caused some politicians, including President Obama, to suggest it is time for Rangel to retire. Obama said Rangel should "end his career with dignity."

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Unfortunately not surprising. Washington DC has already shown by their reelection of Marion Barry that there are people in this country who are happy to have criminals as leaders as long as the criminals bring home the bacon.:down:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
I do fine in *Strange Days* ... :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
I guess some people do not want change:smack

Embattled Rep. Charlie Rangel found out Tuesday night that Harlem voters still had his back as he crushed five opponents, including Adam Clayton Powell IV, a New York assemblyman and son of the legendary New York figure Rangel defeated in 1970 for his House seat.

With all precincts reporting, Rangel captured 51 percent of the vote to 23 percent for Powell, his closet challenger.

Rangel is all but guaranteed to keep the seat in the heavily Democratic district.

The victory comes as the 80-year-old fights ethics charges. He is likely to face trial in the House in November. He has urged his constituents to stand with him.

The 13 ethics violations Rangel is charged with are mostly related to his personal finances and has caused some politicians, including President Obama, to suggest it is time for Rangel to retire. Obama said Rangel should "end his career with dignity."
How does one "end his career with dignity" when they are going down for 13 ethics violations? I guess Obama is OK with that.:huh:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do fine in *Strange Days* ... :thumbsup:
Hey is that the one were the long haired mullet dude wakes up in his mothers basement and Butt F#@ks the family dog?:laughing:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How does one "end his career with dignity" when they are going down for 13 ethics violations? I guess Obama is OK with that.:huh:
Dignity now a days is such a shallow word...Hows that change thingy workin:laughing:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Alot of insight can be found here

"Birds of a feather flock together"

And water seeks it's own level

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Perfect example of how the democrats and libs have a stranglehold on the poor and the slums.

Find the weakness (povery, drugs, crime, etc.), cater to it (government programs, handouts, etc.), then enable it (make it 'the man's' fault)...you're set for life.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Unfortunately not surprising. Washington DC has already shown by their reelection of Marion Barry that there are people in this country who are happy to have criminals as leaders as long as the criminals bring home the bacon.:down:
:surprised

Again?...:surprised

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
:surprised

Again?...:surprised
No, but they reelected him mayor not long after he was convicted of drug and corruption charges. What kind of voters do that? The only answer I can come up with is voters who approve of illegal drug use and corruption by public figures. :huh:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I guess you’ve just waken up from a long sleep … Obama addressed this over a month ago … you may want to look it up after you’re done chewing that shoe. :laughing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts