Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting

How many people are going to wait to either find out more information about the Blue Devil or Z06 before purchasing a "normal" C6? I was planning on getting a C6 right after I graduate in May of 2006, but with all the hype of these superVettes I am thinking about waiting to find out more information. Just wondering what everyone else is thinking.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 100k price tag is what is making me think. I was talking to my dad about how many years I'd have to save my Ensign's pay to be able to afford that if he pays for the first 50k.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The C6 is going to much faster than everyone expects. Depending on gearing and the final weight, it should be faster than the current Z06.

I think Chevy is even underrating the car to keep it under the fabled 405 mark.

This will make a Z06 version kind of pointless. In a year or two, Chevy will probably offer a hard top version that is a little lighter, and maybe has a few more ponies with a shorter final drive, but I doubt it will be the difference between the coupe and the Z06 that we have now.

Then there will be the Supervette. The rumor is that McLaren will be helping with the engine, and Chevy wants to beat Ford without a supercharger. So expect 450-500 ft lbs of torque and 600-700 hp at 8000 rpms.

But now lets use titanium parts, hollow camshafts, and carbon fiber where costs allow, and you have a Carerra GT for 500k less.

It will be light and fast, and beat everything out there, but it won't be a daily driver. Besides, who could use a 100k automobile as a daily driver?

You are graduating in 06, so you don't have to decide until then. We will know alot more about the new Z06 and/or Supervette by then, but most likely, the hype of the C6 will have died a little, and you will be able to get one at a reasonable price.

If you really want the fastest badest car out there, take that extra 50k and send your car to Lingenfelter.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I'd go with a C6 when you can. $100k is a steep price tag for any car but, if you can afford it, I would go for it especially since it will be a Vette. :thumbsup:

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
When all you guys move up to the C6's, Z06 and Blue Devil. I will then be able to get a C5. Most I ever spent on a vehicle is 40K, I can't see me spending 100K unless I hit the lotto.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BubbleHead said:
I'd go with a C6 when you can. $100k is a steep price tag for any car but, if you can afford it, I would go for it especially since it will be a Vette. :thumbsup:
Yeah I can't really afford that much. Sometimes my eyes are bigger than my wallet...or a lot bigger.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Come Spring time you should be able to get a C5 ZO6 for around 42k or so. That's what my current plans are. Not to impressed with the C6, but will wait for a finally call when I see the car up close.

·
Registered
8 Posts
jdwk said:

If you really want the fastest badest car out there, take that extra 50k and send your car to Lingenfelter.
I bought my 2002 Z06 brand new and don't plan on getting rid of it for the C6, even after it's paid off later next year. Any way, it's nice to know that I can make it faster with less money then buying it from GM.

2002 Z06 (stock) [email protected] mph

1 - 9 of 9 Posts