Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...cheap products, cheap labor, cheap wages, cheap benefits...cheap ads..:lookinup:

...cheap...cheap....cheap.....isn't that what everyone wants....:D

....what do you say NY..can't we all get along...:laughing:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
NY is a strong, union dominated, state. Wal-Mart is anti-Union.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Walmart Is Poison to America

You would'nt want that in Newyork :nuts:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Costco is much better:thumbsup:

Walmart is a Cheap port for Communist Made goods that you will buy over and over and help put Americans out of work,

Also their part time underpaid employees

Don't make enough to even live right

Walmart Also puts Family owned Businesses Out of Business,

And you know thats bad for the local economy

Meanwhile they make Billions $$$$$$$$$$$$:nuts:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Walmart is a Cheap port for Communist Made goods that you will buy over and over and help put Americans out of work,

My grandson was just fired from Sam's(Walmart). He had worked there just about long enough to be put on full time with benefits. Their reason "He did not agree with Walmart policy's. Funny they had just hired a new group of temporary part time workers at a lower wage...

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
My grandson was just fired from Sam's(Walmart). He had worked there just about long enough to be put on full time with benefits. Their reason "He did not agree with Walmart policy's. Funny they had just hired a new group of temporary part time workers at a lower wage...

Yeah and now they have taken over all the trucking of all their merchandise

They now tell the truckers what they will be paid,

And we know fuel for truckers is High these days $$$$$$

Walmart is Poison for America

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I won't argue with the goodness or badness of Wal-Mart. They have some positive and some negative effects on America. But, If Wal-Mart didn't exist, some other Mart would take it's place. There is a giant market niche for the type of retailing they do. They didn't create it, they just figured out how to profit from it better than anyone else did. There is no inherent evil in going after a market niche. Every single business does it. Wal-Mart just happened to go after the largest retail marketing niche that exists. They had competition from K-Mart, Target and other similar stores as well as many regional chains. It was a 40 year battle and Wal-Mart won. If you're going to complain about selling goods made in Communist countries, good luck. But you will be talking about pretty much every retailer in America.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts

What bull. Where do you think Target, Kmart, Sears and all the other big retailers get most of their goods, from some family owned middle America manufacturing business? I don't think so. A lot of people can't afford the prices most small businesses charge, they depend on the Marts to survive.

You can complain all you want about Wal Mart and the others but a lot of families depend on them. Truth be known, I'll bet you've shopped there a time or too also.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I am not sure how you can say they under pay their employees. How much should someone that stocks shelf makes or some one that rings up items should make? As Tex said, they are in a niche that needed to be fill and they do it better then anyone else. Can't get mad at them for doing that.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
The Walmart in my town gives $Thousands back to the local community each year also - in donations. :thumbsup: More than most any other local company does. ;)

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
We have a Super Wal-Mart in town and a regional distribution center in the next town over. I have several dental patients who work there and have paid dental insurance. The insurance is some of the best in the business. At the same time, GM and Vought - both in our area are cutting dental insurance out. I just don't get this hate thing with Wal-Mart. No one is putting a gun to the heads of the hundreds of millions of people who shop there and forcing them to buy their products.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I am not sure how you can say they under pay their employees. How much should someone that stocks shelf makes or some one that rings up items should make? As Tex said, they are in a niche that needed to be fill and they do it better then anyone else. Can't get mad at them for doing that.

I think every one should make enough to put a roof over their head and buy food for their family. That can't be done on a Walmart wage.

But what really ticks me off is that the Walmart brand got all of its popularity because it stocked USA made products if that product was available. You go to their store now and there is no choice, China or nothing...

And I will tell you that I for one refuse to feed my family with Food imported from China. No matter what the cost.

I have but a few years left on this earth, and I conceder myself to be the lucky one. Because most people in this country seem brain washed by the news media and are becoming more suppressed than the people of most dictatorships.

Just one old mans opinion...

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
What bull. Where do you think Target, Kmart, Sears and all the other big retailers get most of their goods, from some family owned middle America manufacturing business? I don't think so. A lot of people can't afford the prices most small businesses charge, they depend on the Marts to survive.

You can complain all you want about Wal Mart and the others but a lot of families depend on them. Truth be known, I'll bet you've shopped there a time or too also.
I can read

I know the others import from China too

But I have checked the #'s

Walmart sells more during Christmas than Target does all year long

Yeah, They all are guilty of Importing too many good from a Communist Bully like China

China is getting cocky and doesn't play fair in the trade game

Walmart feeds this Power hungry Communist Red Army

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
There we go if the government wants to raise tax's how about raising the import duties a bit.

Can't se where any one would complain about that, unless they were not an American...

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Walmart getting into NYC is going to be a long shot because the costs of doing business there, before the ground is even broken, is way to high. There's a reason why NYC has very few chain grocery stores or big box stores compared to its size/population. NYC over regulates everything.

The bottom line about Walmart..... they sell the products people want and the prices they can afford. I don't know many people who are willing to pay 10-20% more for the same winter coat for their child in this economy. People who don't agree with their practices certainly have the option of shopping elsewhere but they shouldn't deride otheers because they have no option.

Personlly, I never shop there because it's to damn crowded and I don't feel like driving 20 minutes each way to save $1 on a gallon of milk.

·
Registered
587 Posts
walmart gives a lot of lower income people a place to shop with lower prices. the same brand of cheese that sells for $7 a pound at giant eagle sells for $5 at walmart so who is screwing who ???.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts