Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are in Bowling Green this morning - if I just stop by the factory, what are our chances of getting a tour today sometime? I know the site says "walk-ins always welcome" but I figure more than a few of you have done this and can tell me what the real deal is. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, my wife and I walked in at about 10:45 AM for the 11:30 tour - no problem. They sent off three groups of about 20 people, about 10 minutes apart. Great tour, very nice folks, saw some great stuff.

If you're ever in the area, just go.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tour is $7.00 each, it lasts a little over an hour, you'll end up walking about a mile or so. No guarantees on exactly what you'll see, kind of depends what's going on. More details are available at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant web site.

A few things:

(1) They'll pick one person from your group to start a Corvette for the first time as it comes off the line. That lucky individual gets a framable "Birth Certificate" for that car. It's usually a female or a teenager selected.

(2) They are obviously still building 2011's. No 2012's on the line at this time.

(3) Nice little gift shop at the end run by retired plant workers.

(4) The car's a little dirty, but hey, it's an 800-mile trip from New York!

(5) Sorry the top's up, but it never got below 92 degrees any day we were there. Thank God for great A/C.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I wanted to take the tour when I went to Bowling green but they were closed that week. (something about July 4th):rolleyes:

But I did get to travel the National Corvette Museum and it was fantastic. I can't wait to take my corvette there someday.

... And actually tour the plant this time! :laughing:
~wd-40:buhbye:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,451 Posts
T

(5) Sorry the top's up, but it never got below 92 degrees any day we were there. Thank God for great A/C.

Come on back this summer when it gets really hot and humid

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just picked up 2011 GS in Bossier City LA, we stopped by & took in the factory tour. We forgot about the closed shoe rule & were worried we would miss our tour, but they were very accommodating & let us go on the next tour. So we ran over to Wallymart & got a couple pairs of cheap shoes.Pretty cool tour.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
. . . Come on back this summer when it gets really hot and humid
Yeah, you're not the only area resident to say that. I thought of offering a week or so of 200 inches of snow and 20-below-zero temperatures in trade. But at least I can crank up the A/C and keep on motoring in the extreme heat. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts