Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wall Street Journal Online today has an article on "supremely fast sports cars" and how they are getting wrecked.

Someone here on the forum, in the not so distant past has said that we all should enjoy this time because it will not last - some political type will put a stop to the HP gaines we see year after year.
Im paraphasing or cource.

Its shame they highlight the crash's and ignore the vast majority of us that drive our cars responsibility. If these people who wrecked their "supercar", learned to respect the power of these cars there would be less articles like this one.

In the article there is a story of a guy who crash's his Porsche Carrera GT while driving "on a bend near his home at 80 miles per hour on a slightly wet road". :WTF

I guess some think money = brains - I guess not.

I would post link, but not sure of it will work.

Article posted at Wall Street Journal Online 6/15/2007 By JENNIFER SARANOW in Weekend Journal section.

If this is wrong section please move. TY

·
Registered
70 Posts
80mph on a bend, a slightly wet road, accident? This sounds like a person who does not know how to drive. It doesn't matter if you're driving a SS cobalt or a minivan, if you aren't paying attention to what the car and/or the driver can handle, you'll crash every time. They always say "Speed Kills", well so does ignorance. People have been in accidents at slower speeds. The part in every article about a high end sports car in car accident just sounds better and makes the headline look really nice...."300,000 sports car in accident." Who wouldn't read that!:smokin:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts