Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine was clogged. What a huge restriction. The new one FLOWS... I could inhale/exhale through the new one. The old one was like trying to blow up a balloon made of lead.

I think this was part of my performance issues!

The little thing that looks like a tiny beer-keg is your fuel filter, and it's CAKE to replace. It's on the passenger side.

Just be careful to not be smoking a cigarette when you undo it......

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Thats what i thought that was. When i saw that pic in the gallery I guessed it was the fuel filter. My car knowledge is growing.:laughing:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Changing the fuel filter

Most already know about this, but for safty's sake, use a jack stand, if you don't have a lift, to change the filter.

One of my fellow workers was killed, when a car he was working on, held up with just the jack, fell on him.

It's macho to be safe, and live to drive another day.

Louisiana Cajun

Road kill is fair game:partyon:

·
resident conservative
1,039 Posts
"The little thing that looks like a tiny beer-keg is your fuel filter, and it's CAKE to replace"

Umm beer, cake!
Oh relieve the pressure by pulling the fuel pump fuse, start engine till it stalls, and loosen the fuel cap so you wont take a fuel bath.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:

Just be careful to not be smoking a cigarette when you undo it......

This is the most important step!

:partyon:

Boom.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Yep, there's you performance issue. :thumbsup:

I have 2 filters, a feed and return. I took a picture of them but the pic came out crrrrappy. I've replaced the feed filter so many times I could change it laying on my back w/ the car on the ground blindfolded. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
grapeknutz said:
"The little thing that looks like a tiny beer-keg is your fuel filter, and it's CAKE to replace"

Umm beer, cake!
Oh relieve the pressure by pulling the fuel pump fuse, start engine till it stalls, and loosen the fuel cap so you wont take a fuel bath.:thumbsup:

Good advice. :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Try changing one on a convertible. The X-Brace is in the way so you have to drop it down. Then my hands and arm are too big to fit a wrench on the top connection so I have a set of fuel line tools that can take the fuel line loose at the fuel rail connection. Then I can take the filter and line above it off in one piece and change it on the bench then put it back together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts