Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 65 vette on eBay for $8000. the seller claims his father died and left him a 65 vette, 65 cobra and a 67 ford convert. He is looking for some one to take over loving these cars and to not sell them for a quick profit. The cars are in FED EX storage waiting to be shipped to new owner . The cars are in West Hollywood,Ca. They are crated so they are not drivable, the fluids are drained. I called FED EX. got some quick answers. First they don't store cars and the cars must be movable. Car is not in West Hollywood. They said this is a big scam. Car is still on eBay last time I looked. The seller wants me to Send the Money to a third party. Sell List his name NOEL KLEVEN eMail as [email protected]... BUT what if it was true. OH! the car only has 2000 miles and it was just restored. Any one interested? Maybe we just didnot get it right? I'm out, too good to be true. Just got a 3 page eMail back he likes wants me to take of his fathers car, He likes me. UNBELIEVABLE!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,516 Posts
He probably sells bridges too :laughing:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look Out< Look Out

THANKS I sent in the info and they are investigating. I expected faster response but they said they would get back will their results in 48 hours. He can catch a lot of fish in 48 hours. If he had not messed up with the crating lie and the draining of all fluids he may have almost got me. As it was my for lack of a better word my greed almost got me. I would have driven to Cal. to at least look further into it, OH well it was toooo good to be true, right?

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Ask him to meet you and your lawyer at the storage facility. Once the crate is inspected you will give him a Cashier's check for the car. Or, say you will put the money in Escrow for release upon arrival and inspection.

A guy here in Frisco just added a 1964 Fuelie Coupe to his collection for 11k doing the second alternative. The woman wanted full recovery on the car. Original Sale price plus all Maintenance costs (11k).

:cheers:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is no storage facility. Fed Ex does not store cars or crate cars and they never heard of this guy. eBay is not being helpful, they are still investigating.

·
Registered
88 Posts
There is no storage facility. Fed Ex does not store cars or crate cars and they never heard of this guy. eBay is not being helpful, they are still investigating.
Typical ebay. From my experience, ebay really doesn't have the best interest of the buyer in mind. They seem to regard the seller as their main customer.

·
Registered
721 Posts
If anyone is that stupid to actually think you are gonna get a restored 65 vette for $8,000, you deserve to be taken. Ebay should not be blamed for any of these scams. The buyer just needs to use a little common sense.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If anyone is that stupid to actually think you are gonna get a restored 65 vette for $8,000, you deserve to be taken. Ebay should not be blamed for any of these scams. The buyer just needs to use a little common sense.
I agree darn it. If anybody gets robed it's their own dam fault. :nuts:

Oh and ebay, my sweet ebay, is the temple of all that is good in this world :laughing: .

Disclaimer from disclaiment: Above is feeble attempt at humor.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Sounds like a deal I was offered...

My car is on CC Trader right now and I got an interesting offer written in broken English. The buyer offered me full price for my car as long as he could send me a check for $8k over my asking price and I would give the difference to his pick-up man as a "refund for another transaction." He should have just said "I'm sending you a rubber check. Give me $8k and I will haul your car away. Thanks." I happily sent him an e-mail back telling him to send his guy to a specified address on Wednesday of next week. I then forwarded a copy to my local State Police office (coincidently, the address I sent the man to) so they can take care of the rest.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
It's a scam, no question whatsover. If you partake in this deal, you will lose no matter how cunning you think you are. There is no car for $8k. It's a fantasy.

The first element of a scam is the incredible deal you can't pass up.

·
Registered
231 Posts
CJCOOK .. If i was you i will buy the best antivirus there is out there and fully scan your computer just by you sending e-mails back and fowards you might all ready cought a TROJAN Horse in there .. alot of this guys know that people will not believe this but they still get the e-mails. So if i was you i wouldnt even open their e-mails and scan your computer :D:laughing:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
THANKS for the advice, I don't open eMails that I don't recognize the sender. This was too funny I could not believe how easy it was to check out this guy. Ebay has done nothing at all. They don't do anything to protect the buyer, good lesson . These bastards pry on the elderly by sending them official looking bills and they pay them in a lot of cases. I hope that I got some people at least thinking about this and maybe spreading the word around. We all think that it won't happen to us but it will get someone out there ,these people don't give up easily.....:agree:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts