Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had a "water test" for leaks around their windows? I took my convertible in last week for some warranty work (battery and memory module) and asked them to check the left door for alignment because I got leaks at the "touchless" car wash. I mean bad leaks. The Service Manager told me I would have to bring it in and leave it all day so they could do water tests on it. I dunno. Last week I took it in for the memory module (which I called in advance to make sure it was in) and said "by the way, would you change my oil while it's in here?". A couple of hours later I go to pick it up and they said they changed the oil but didn't get around to the module. I couldn't believe it so I asked for the Service Manager and he comped the oil change. But I still had to get my wife to come over and pick me up three times to get the module replaced. The Service Manager said he couldn't find out why the module wasn't replaced. WTF? Is he the manager or not?
I hate crummy service on a $56,000 car. Maybe I need to go somewhere else but I've already had an issue with another dealer that told me my car was on order (when Vettes were hard to come by) and I found out they did not even have an allocation to order the car.
Sorry for the rant. I love the car and also my '93 Ruby Red Convertible but stuff like this makes me want to :nuts:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Ranting is good. :nuts:

No water test here.

Find another dealer to handle the car. You need to find a good tech by talking with other owners at clubs/meets and see where they are having work done.

Guess I'm just lucky that when I moved into the new house I got a GM Vette tech living across the street.

:cheers:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,413 Posts
ragvette said:
Ranting is good. :nuts:

Guess I'm just lucky that when I moved into the new house I got a GM Vette tech living across the street.

:cheers:
Boy you are lucky.:cool:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Welcome to our nightmare.... dealer's who don't give a rat's ass about your/our time. All you can do is bitch or find another dealer . Maybe try contacting the owner of the dealership. Speak inteligently and respectfully...it may help. Good Luck.

There is supposed to be adjustment to the roof to stop leaks.

My 03 vert only leaks if I spray right at edges for a while.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man, talk about luck---the man just across the street???? I dunno, maybe I'll stick with this dealer a little longer. They were recommended to me by some of the East Tennessee Corvette Club members. Maybe I'll just try to deal with the Service Manager.

·
resident conservative
1,039 Posts
If the service manager can't get it resolved then talk to the genaral manager and ask to why the service manager is not able to do his job , you have to be a thorn in his side and maybe he will get the message!

:nuts:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts