Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2002 vert a few weeks ago & I went to my home town dealership to transfer the warranty. He said it was not necessary.
Yet, I saw a post about transferring the warranty on a Vette a few months ago. Can anyone clear this up?
Thanks Don

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Any dealership should handle your warranty work.

For example if your break down while taking a trip north, lets say Chicago you would take it into a local Chicago Chevy dealership. Warranty work would be completed in Chicago.

Was told by someone at the local dealership that Chevy will pay for the tow into the nearest dealership only.

:cheers:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Ragvette is correct, tow to nearest dealership only.

As far as transferring, I think all you need to do is show up with said vehicle. Back when I bought my 98,(used) I took it in for grease/oil/filter and gave my name etc. A few months later I got a seat belt retractor recall in the mail.

I guess possession is 9/10's of the deal.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Extended Warranty will need transfered if the previous owner had it!! Base warr. does not matter

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
JCswm said:
Extended Warranty will need transfered if the previous owner had it!! Base warr. does not matter
You bought it from a dealer right? if it was a GM dealer they should have transferred any extended warranty. There is a time limit on that too. I found that out the hard way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts