Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and some folks mentioned the wiring under the seat can cause the dash light and error codes to go nuts. OK fine and dandy I take the seats out, so what exactly am I to look for? The reason I asked Is the wifey had to drive the car the other day, I moved the seat for her and all of my disco lights went away, DIC messages etc. until yesterday anyway.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The only wiring I know is the connector for power to the seat, unless you have a short in the seat itself.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I've had my seats in and out of the car a bunch of times and can't imagine that the seats are creating your issue. The seays are not tied directly to the DIC. The seat belt has its own connector and the memory buttons are of course tied to the seats. The seats can throw codes but you're not getting any seat codes.

Or, are you?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No seat codes. But was reading elsewhere where many members were pointing to this area as well as the acccordion in the door. I take that sucker off one more time I'm going to shoot somebody. Was wondering if this bare wire had anything to do with it, you can bet your sweet gazoodas I've got it taped up now.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I've never heard of that being an issue. It should throw a code if it was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts