Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this is the situation. Pushing in the lever to get the washer pump to work yeilds nothing. The wipers work fine though.

Took the washer res out of the car, tested pump with 12volts and the pump works fine.

With volt meter, tested connector, nothing. Stripped some insulation from wires , tested with volt meter, nothing.

I believe that the wipers are on the same fuse as the washers so thats not the prob.

Tried to disassemble column but ran into roadblocks:
Tried to take the plastic cover off but it won't come off until you remove the cruise lever, but can't unscrew lever because there is a wire attaced to it.

Can someone help me from this point PLEASE :}

Matt

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

Key on, not activating wipers or washer, I get 12v when I connect the pos probe to the yellow wire, and the neg probe to chassis ground.

If I connect the pos probe to yellow and connect the neg to the blue, I get no volts.

·
Registered
144 Posts
so i have a related quesiton to this wat does the knob on that switch turn for.. and it has that little arrow.. i jus push it for the washer and up and down for the wipers

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
so i have a related quesiton to this wat does the knob on that switch turn for.. and it has that little arrow.. i jus push it for the washer and up and down for the wipers
The little knob is turned to set the frequency of operation for the intermittent wiper action.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here's the schmatic for a 78' pulse wiper sustem. Should be close to yours. It looks like the washer pump gets power from the "controller assembly" (light green wire). Check to see if you have 12V coming out of the controller. The controller (at least on my 78') is located in the center console. Your's might be kaput.

Here's a scan that is a little bigger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts