Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably not the only one that got water in a vette, but it was running fine then the next day I found water in the floorboard of the drivers side.

Nothing inside the car works, windows, seat memory, I put the key in and it says reduced power, then reserve fuel, then have car serviced soon and it won't turn over.

The windows steamed up, but I didn't even know water was in it when I parked it.

Does this sound familiar to anybody?

It'll be a while before I can take it to a shop.

·
Registered
759 Posts
heater core probably, tough to see that on an 04 thou.

kinda a bi*ch to fix yourself.

was it water or coolant??

check your coolant level.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heater core probably, tough to see that on an 04 thou.

kinda a bi*ch to fix yourself.

was it water or coolant??

check your coolant level.
It's rain water. Pure water. I'm in NW La. where all the rain hit. I went through some on the way home Fri. Couldn't see it, but I felt and heard it. I shouldn't have took it out that day, I even came home from work early because of the flooding to keep this from happening. The whole car is bone dry except the drivers side floorboard. I don't even see any moister under the hood.
I have a fan running in there drying the floorboard now, I'm going to try to disconnect the battery once I get everything dried out and check for blown fuses when I get through drying it out.
I would think some Texans on this site would be going through this, share some ideas. They've been flooded for a week now.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just bringing this back to the top hoping someone has some ideas. I have the battery disconnected, and the inside dried out. Curious how the water got in the drivers side floorboard to begin with. No locks, no starter, and the same messages.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Did your computer get wet? It could have shorted out if so. Otherwise I would like to know what caused all the water to get into the cabin.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did your computer get wet? It could have shorted out if so. Otherwise I would like to know what caused all the water to get into the cabin.
I FIXED IT, I FIXED IT!! :rolling: ;) :rolling: ;) :rolling:

Well here it is, it was the ignition fuse in the fuse panel under the hood. It was a ten amp. fuse and there was a spare ten amp. fuse, so other than a bunch of reverse shop vac drying, and checking most of the fuses in the passenger floorboard, a ten amp. fuse was the whole problem.
Hell, I didn't even know there was another box under the hood, I'd almost given up when I spotted the fuse box under the hood.
I don't understand why it effected the door locks, and the seat adjustment memory. BUT WHO CARES, IT'S FIXED!! :D :D :D

The beast is roaring again!! :cheers:

·
Registered
759 Posts
:partyon:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's BAACK, Help Someone!!

I reset something, but now it's doing the same thing again. When I got it started Tue. I just let it run a Min. and turned it off, too late to go anywhere and been too busy since to try it out. Went out there today to take it for a ride and it's back exactly the way it was.
Reduced Power
Low fuel
Check engine soon, scrolls across the screen and the door locks, seat memory and ignition doesn't work.

Any clues guys?? :thud:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
maby you have a short or the fuse blew out again:huh:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Pull the codes from your DIC if you can and post them.

Also, check the battery and look for signs of water damage around your BCM.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Definitely check the codes.

My 02 was leaking and I noticed it dripping on the drivers side floor mat from behind the dash. Turned out to be the rain/drip rail over the drivers door and was covered under warranty. I had no electrical issues however.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pull the codes from your DIC if you can and post them.

Also, check the battery and look for signs of water damage around your BCM.
Where's a good place to get the tool to pull the code and about how much are they. If this thing is this delicate I might as well tool up to work on it. You would think an 04 with millage in the middle 30s would be trouble free for a little while. :WTF

Thanks for the help, I'll pass all my findings back to the site for others to use.

PS What''s a BCM? Battery compartment?

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Where's a good place to get the tool to pull the code and about how much are they. If this thing is this delicate I might as well tool up to work on it. You would think an 04 with millage in the middle 30s would be trouble free for a little while. :WTF

Thanks for the help, I'll pass all my findings back to the site for others to use.

You don't need any tool to pull the codes, here ya go:

1996 to 2004 Corvette (OBD II):

Turn IGN ON, ENG OFF.
ON DIC, Press RESET button to clear any warning messages.
Press and hold OPTIONS.
While holding OPTIONS, press FUEL four times within 10 sec.

Go into an AUTOMATIC mode to shows all parameters: PCM-TCS-RTD-BCM-IPC-RADIO-HVAC-LDCM-RDCM-SCM-RFA. If there are no problems, you will see "NO MORE CODES" on the ICP display.

The computer displays two kinds of codes, CURRENT and HISTORY, designated "C" or "H". A CURRENT code indicates a malfunction is present in the system whose module is displaying data. A HISTORY code indicates a past problem.

When the screen displays MANUAL DIAGNOSTICS, select the desired module by pressing the OPTIONS button to go forward or the TRIP button to go back. Press GAUGES to go forward or FUEL to go back.

To exit the diagnostic mode at any time, press E/M. If you want to erase or CLEAR codes, press RESET.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Any codes???:huh:

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Just bringing this back to the top hoping someone has some ideas. I have the battery disconnected, and the inside dried out. Curious how the water got in the drivers side floorboard to begin with. No locks, no starter, and the same messages.
Curious how the water got in?:WTF You answered that question in your second post in this thread....:thud:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Sorry. I'm coming with it, I've been extremely busy. I don't really have time to work on cars.
I plan to look at it Monday eve.
Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Any chance that you drove thru some high water and sucked some in through the intake?:huh:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, I checked my air filter, it's all dry. No water went through there.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Body Control Module. To find it, lift up the passenger side floor mat and look all the way at the front of the passenger foot compartment. Now remove the cover that is located there and it will be next to the passenger side fuse box.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts