Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 and it wouldn't start up today. The passenger side floor was soaking wet and I wasn't driving in the rain or anything. I took off the covers to see what was going on.
There is a silver box directly to the left of the fuse box. What is this? It may have gotten wet.
Directly above this silver box and the fuse box (behind the glove compartment) is where the water was leaking from. It is round device about 6-8 inches in diameter with a black hose coming off of it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
it sounds like your heater core went. it fills up with circulated water from the engine to produce heat. You may have gotten the BCM wet. That may be why there is no start.

·
Registered
217 Posts
it sounds like your heater core went. it fills up with circulated water from the engine to produce heat. You may have gotten the BCM wet. That may be why there is no start.

:agree: A common problem when heater cores go out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help.

Is any of this work easy enough that I should attempt it myself? Changing the heater core or the BCM? I've done some work on other cars, but nothing on my vette. I don't know that now is a good time for something too challenging.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Those are pretty basic repairs. Nothing too challenging. The BCM will be pretty easy to remove and replace. I am not sure how the heater core comes out though. some of them can be a pain depending on where it is located behind the dash. I will try to find out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2000 and it wouldn't start up today. The passenger side floor was soaking wet and I wasn't driving in the rain or anything. I took off the covers to see what was going on.
There is a silver box directly to the left of the fuse box. What is this? It may have gotten wet.
Directly above this silver box and the fuse box (behind the glove compartment) is where the water was leaking from. It is round device about 6-8 inches in diameter with a black hose coming off of it.
Had the same problem and just cleaned the debris from my AC units water hose drain . Its on your firewall passenger side thick as a garden hose black in color and tapered to a coin slot shape at end. Poke inside hose gentle like so it clears out. You will understand when you see it. If your floor is dry now and its hot out Run the ac and I bet your floor gets wet. but anyway when you run ac a little and then poke in the hose you will see water and debris and stuff gush out. Jack up front part of car so you can fit under to reach Hose Problem solved....take care , augustblew;) If it is the heater core the cars inside would smell strange sweet like antifreeze, not to mention the water level in the radiator fill tank would be low. I hope its the A/C..easier to fix. Allmost forgot. Car won't start because a fuse breaker got wet most likely. Did you pop the panel off Passenger side foot rest area and check out all the circuit fuses in there. Mine was all wet by fuses and I dried it before it got worse. I hope this helps you !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts