Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I ran across this site that has a bit of water power info on it. My eyes are burning and watery from reading the dune buggy pdf. There is also a section on the main page about a guy who claims he's got his '78 Camaro running on water. In that section there is another pdf, that one is a lot clearer and smaller than the buggy one. I'm going to read it again when I have time but it seems like the guy wants you to build it, but then steers you away from it. :crazy: If you want, download the pdf in the first paragraph. If you're good w/ schematics and have a little engineering knowledge, let us know if you think this is possible. I think if it was possible we would be reading about it all over the auto boards. Unless we are and I'm missing it. :lookinup:

Here's the Camaro page... Water Powered 1978 Camaro

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
and my saturn is powered by my own sense of self-satisfaction

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
:rolling: :rolling: "The inverter and the relays reduce the voltage and increases the amps to the plugs . "
Any basic electricity class will tell you that inverters and relays do not reduce voltage or increase Amps...I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read that.:rolling: :rolling:

I think Hincapie is more likely to power her Saturn with her own sense of self-satisfaction. Than that guy is to run his car on water. :crazy:

·
996 Posts
At least there are some very technical schematics to follow.
Whats not professional about these?? :rolling:

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
a basic knowlege of chemistry will tell you that burning water is impossible. The energy content of a molecule of water is lower than that of its parent molecules, meaning it requires energy to split the molecule apart (electrolysis).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts