Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
DC Crew
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I washed and waxed my car with Adams wash and the buttery wax and I realized that after all that I had water spots on my roof!! What else can I try?

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
well you might have to start over

wash with dawn,clay bar,swirl and haze remover,revive polish,buttery wax and some brilliant spray glaze:thumbsup:

but if its just on your roof you can do all the steps above and just use the detail spray to wipe the water off the rest of the car

also DONT WASH IN THE SUN :spanked:

·
DC Crew
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

wash with dawn,clay bar,swirl and haze remover,revive polish,buttery wax and some brilliant spray glaze:thumbsup:

but if its just on your roof you can do all the steps above and just use the detail spray to wipe the water off the rest of the car

I may just have to do it all over.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have a black Vette and quickly found out that you MUST get water spots off, then wax it. Once you get them removed, you can keep them off with porper attention.

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Clay bar works nice, or you can pick up some 3M Swirl Mark Remover from Pepboys, works very well.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts

:agree:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Clay bar works nice, or you can pick up some 3M Swirl Mark Remover from Pepboys, works very well.:thumbsup:
I've never tried the clay on waterspots. Vinegar and water will take them off, I've heard. And polishing takes most off before waxing. The key for me, where I have no choice but to wash in the sun, is to keep it wet at all times and then pull into the garage to dry--or wash on the few cloudy days we get. Even washing in the rain--then garage to dry, is a good practice here where we get 300+ sunny days a year. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I've never tried the clay on waterspots. Vinegar and water will take them off, I've heard. And polishing takes most off before waxing. The key for me, where I have no choice but to wash in the sun, is to keep it wet at all times and then pull into the garage to dry--or wash on the few cloudy days we get. Even washing in the rain--then garage to dry, is a good practice here where we get 300+ sunny days a year. :cheers:
I just wash mine in the garage. My floor is slightly pitched so it just drains into the driveway. Otherwise I would just use a big squeegee to push the water out. I even plumbed a hose bibb in my garage to make things easier.

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
Put the Speedo on and just start over...

·
Registered
3,584 Posts

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
You might want to check with your city and see how much chlorine is in the water or RainX has a filter attachment that you can put on the end of your water hose. :partyon:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
light to medium Waterspots on windows can be removed with Meguiars hard water and spot remover or Ducky water spot remover (both work equally well)-- you can find this product just about any place that sells boats ( it is for marine and rv use but works fine on automobiles)

if it is heavy to extreme waterspotting, the water spot remover will not work for you, as was in my situation. I found that I could remove waterspots with little Adams swirl and haze remover --- looks great and no scratches from the polish. If you do this, please test it first on you vehicle.

FYI-- here is a link to a place you can get Ducky water spot remover just it case you do not have any place near you.

http://bertsonlineshopping.com/catalog_keyword_search.asp?searchtype=keyword&keyword=water+spot

·
Registered
548 Posts
One final note -- once you clean the window of dirt, grime, road kill ect... put a coat of Adams Spray Glaze on it -- ( it is safe for glass ) ... water will not stick to the glass thus no more water spotting problem.

One final note -- you guys wash your cars with water ??? I thought that was against the law when you buy a corvette .... :laughing:

·
Registered
565 Posts
light to medium Waterspots on windows can be removed with Meguiars hard water and spot remover or Ducky water spot remover (both work equally well)-- you can find this product just about any place that sells boats ( it is for marine and rv use but works fine on automobiles)

if it is heavy to extreme waterspotting, the water spot remover will not work for you, as was in my situation. I found that I could remove waterspots with little Adams swirl and haze remover --- looks great and no scratches from the polish. If you do this, please test it first on you vehicle.

FYI-- here is a link to a place you can get Ducky water spot remover just it case you do not have any place near you.

http://bertsonlineshopping.com/catalog_keyword_search.asp?searchtype=keyword&keyword=water+spot
Vinegar and water will work fine on windows. Actually, use newspaper to wipe them dry, and it's one of the best cleaning devices out there! Something about the paper's absorbency or something. Does work, though. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts