Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Junkman what brand of wax would you use on a new truck for best protection I live in Pa. with road salt & potholes BTW the truck is an aluminum body F-150

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,477 Posts
Junkman what brand of wax would you use on a new truck for best protection I live in Pa. with road salt & potholes BTW the truck is an aluminum body F-150
Junkman can answer waxing questions but the first question is how will wax pretect you from potholes?:laughing:

The second question is - - Ford? Don't worry, I drive a fiso too.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Junkman can answer waxing questions but the first question is how will wax pretect you from potholes?:laughing:

I thought some really good wax would help keep the truck together:laughing:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Torch as soon as I posted this my first thought was what smartass was going to ask me that question:laughing:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,477 Posts
Looks like you know DC pretty well:D

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Sorry, just saw this. Here's the deal with paint protection. Sealants are the longest lasting protection you can apply, but they take the longest to apply and are more difficult to apply. So if you want long lasting protection, you need a sealant. Waxes don't last as long, but they are much easier and faster to apply. I use a sealant topped off with a wax. It takes about 40 hours to complete.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
new truck, I live in Pa. with road salt & potholes BTW the truck is an aluminum body F-150
What kind of dog did you get?

I was told there is a new promotion with Ford, With every purchase you receive a new pet (so you will not have to walk home alone) :laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts

I was told there is a new promotion with Ford, With every purchase you receive a new pet (so you will not have to walk home alone) :laughing:
Owwwww! :thud:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Any certain brand?
There's a few brands out there that will work just fine but I use Hi-Temp's Terminator Sealant (HT-62), topped with Collinite's Marque D'Elegance (915).

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts

Damn... rough crowd tonight. :laughing:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
40 hours to seal/wax a car's paint?:crazy:

I don't care what I own, nothing is worth 1/10th of that time.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
40 hours to seal/wax a car's paint?:crazy:

I don't care what I own, nothing is worth 1/10th of that time.
Well, you first have to have PAINT on your car and as you have said in countless threads, you dry your car with sandpaper. :laughing:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Well, you first have to have PAINT on your car and as you have said in countless threads, you dry your car with sandpaper. :laughing:
Yesterday I couldn't find any oily rags so I had to dry my 750Li with an orbital sander

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Don't worry Ponch, no one here will ever accuse you of being a waxer. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts