Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
October 26, was the 15th Anniversary of the amazing 254 m.p.h. run by the Callaway Sledgehammer!

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
that car is awesome :)

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
I love that body kit! That's the only one I'd put on mine (of course I'd need the engine work too :D)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
254mph, just fantastic. You just have to wonder how any car could go that fast. I could't do it without wetting my pants, big time.
Great.
tony

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Around 6 years ago a guy at a little used car place about 1/2 mile from my home in Jersey was selling a Calloway. I remember it being silver and either a mid or late 80's model. He wanted 12k for it and it was gone in 2 days. If I had known about Calloways back then I would have picked it up on the spot. The body was in great shape and it had twin turbos.:(

·
Registered
157 Posts
sledgehammer

He He, look what I've found in my private archive:
in 1990 the Sledgehammer was tested by the best german Motor Magazin 'Sport Auto'. They called it 'Fastest Sports Car in the World', and I was so proud about that. I am a Corvette freak for more than 40 years now and since 1985 I am lucky to drive them. Here in f... Germany the Corvette does not have the best reputation (in the 70th the C3 was exclusively a pimp car here and this smell it did not loose until today).
So I had to bear lots of sarcasm for my passion. But when the Sledgehammer appeared I could say to all that bloody Porsche guys that had nothing but localism in mind:
'What ya want with your Micky Mouse closets? There is a Corvette that will hoover your toycars through the airfilter!'

·
Registered
173 Posts
What he said?!?

That's greek to me:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts