Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What year is yours? color / options...i don't have one yet so i'll tell you about my dads....1980 Black / Red Interior...no where near stock :)

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Oh, I have the trust Grand Sport. I bought it with 11,000 miles... now I have 33000. After Florida, I'll have 36000, after the end of summer, I say I'll have 45000 miles on her.

She's loving every second of it!

So far she has an open air lid, K&N, Corsa cat back, 315 Drag Radials and a ton of Mothers car polish.

I'm considering getting some 18" wheels like these....

wait... i hafta find the pic.... :rolleyes:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Punk Boy said:
What year is yours? color / options...i don't have one yet so i'll tell you about my dads....1980 Black / Red Interior...no where near stock :)

Check out my sig...

Want to buy an '89?
Westerville is a long way from Dallas though, I guess :D

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: We need a Corvette Related Thread so here goes

Want to buy an '89?
Westerville is a long way from Dallas though, I guess :D [/B]
i would but i'm a broke college kid...no free money to be buying a car :(

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I have a 1987 dark red metallic coupe with saddle interior.

Options? Oh that's easy:

manual a/c
delco cassette radio
illuminated vanity mirrors, removed
electric outside mirrors
cruise control

The lack of options I guess is a good thing. Less things to break and makes the car light as heck! I should have the curb weight down to 3135. Race weight should be around 3270 on 1/2 tank of gas.

Mods are in the homepage. ;)

·
Registered
662 Posts
2001 Z06, quicksilver metallic with black interior. Purchased in July '01, it's a June '01 build so it has the running production changes (rings, polymer coated pistons) that eliminated the piston-slap/oil consumption problems of pre-April '01 LS6 builds. 8,500 miles and no problems.

You can view it at www.rjsmith.com/vette.html along with photos of the Corvette Museum, and the Corvette Racing C5-R at Laguna Seca.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
RT66Z06 said:
2001 Z06, quicksilver metallic with black interior. Purchased in July '01, it's a June '01 build so it has the running production changes (rings, polymer coated pistons) that eliminated the piston-slap/oil consumption problems of pre-April '01 LS6 builds. 8,500 miles and no problems.

You can view it at www.rjsmith.com/vette.html along with photos of the Corvette Museum, and the C5-R at Laguna Seca.
Welcome! And, sweet car. How about uploading some pictures of your Z06 into the photo gallery? We could use some Z06's....

Let me know if I can help in any way.
Patrick

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
1993 Polo Green Coupe. Picked it up April 1st of 2001 with 58,000 miles. I currently have about 80,000 miles on it.

Mods: 2001 this spoke wheels, built trans, Yank 3500 stall, Corsa exhaust, Hooker long tube headers, and a few other things.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Welcome! And, sweet car. How about uploading some pictures of your Z06 into the photo gallery? We could use some Z06's....

Patrick
I attached a photo to the reply but I have plenty of others I can upload to the gallery, including the C5-R and some racing ZR1s. I'm the copyright holder on all of them so they fit your guidelines.

Nice site. Very best of luck with it.

Save the Wave.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
RT66Z06 said:
I attached a photo to the reply but I have plenty of others I can upload to the gallery, including the C5-R and some racing ZR1s. I'm the copyright holder on all of them so they fit your guidelines.

Nice site. Very best of luck with it.

Save the Wave.
Thank you for the compliment.

Your pictures sound fantastic, RT66Z06, I can't wait to see them up! :cool:

Patrick

·
Registered
662 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:

Patrick
I uploaded a number of photos, some to the 1997-2003 section and some to the Corvette Racing section. I'll add more tomorrow. I've had four Corvettes now, three C4s and the Z06. All of the C4s were Bright Red, the Z06 is the first non-red Vette. I have hundreds of photos of the C4s in picturesque locales throught the western United States and Alberta, Canada. I'll post some of those too.

Ray

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2002 Electron Blue Coupe. I bought it new in Feb or 2002. It has every option available, with exception of an automatic transmission. What fun would a sports car be without a 6 speed!

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
I have a 1989 Coupe.. I purchased it on Sept 13th, 1993. White with red guts..

As for mods, there are too many to list but to give a quick run down
-96 body update with C5 taillights
_Custom Grand Sport Themed Paint
-Converted from an Auto/3.07 D36 to a ZF6/3.45 D44
-Converted from the OEM 89 Dash to a 1991 Dash (from a ZR1)
-Built motor: Miniram, ZZ9(soon to be ZZ409), headers, exhuast, etc.

Everything is listed on my website www.vettextc.net

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
I have a 1989 Coupe.. I purchased it on Sept 13th, 1993. White with red guts..

As for mods, there are too many to list but to give a quick run down
-96 body update with C5 taillights
_Custom Grand Sport Themed Paint
-Converted from an Auto/3.07 D36 to a ZF6/3.45 D44
-Converted from the OEM 89 Dash to a 1991 Dash (from a ZR1)
-Built motor: Miniram, ZZ9(soon to be ZZ409), headers, exhuast, etc.

Everything is listed on my website www.vettextc.net
Did you see the pics of your car I put in the "under construction" photo page??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts