Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Virtually all of the recent C8 renderings based on the thinly cammoed N'ring cars are showing an attractive, smooth front 'hood' with no vents as on the C7. As much as this appeals to me, it makes no sense. It's very clear that there are some cooling radiators behind the front fascia that has VERY large openings in it for air flow. FLOW. Where is all that air going? There appears to be no front fender vent behind the wheel wells. Venting hot air at the base of the windshield would be stupid on cold nights - they'd just fog over.

Logic tells me that there must be some sort of vents on that front hood. I THINK I see them about 6-8 inches behind the edge of the front hood, but they have done such a great job on the cammo, that I am not sure. IF there are front hood air vents they are very subtle and maybe only 1 or 2 rows of vents. Below are two front pics and a video that includes a front view. I would appreciate input from you sharp eyed guys. do you see some very slight angle changes 6-8 inched back from the leading front "hood" edge?

https://youtu.be/7JAcdRU4Vao

·
Registered
985 Posts
I had a 86 Fiero back in the day,but never noticed how the rad was vented.Thinking back it probably just went under.

·
Registered
55 Posts
T-top goes in the frunk. If the hood was vented then where does the t-top go?

Maybe a higher-performance version will have a fixed roof & vented hood.

·
Super Moderator
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the vent is at the front of the 'hood' and it's hinged in the front, the top could still fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts