Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well time has come to replace a lot of my old weather striping,and would like a little help on this(1)who sell the most reasonbly)(2)what are some of the do,s and don,ts).I have never atemped this,and was woundering how hard,and what spec.things i am going to need.:huh: :buhbye:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Originally posted by 84 GRANDSPORT ...<br>
Dont make the same mistake I did....Buy GM weatherstrip not the fake stuff....I ebded up replacing alot of the stuff 2 times!:lookinup:<br>
When they replaced the windshield in my GS, they used some crap-ass fake Corvette weather stripping. It looked like ****, didn't line up right, and made the windshield whistle.

So, I called them up, told them to go to a Corvette parts counter, and get the right one.

I told them to LEAVE IT IN A SEALED GM BAG... because I was going to be the one opening it.

The pulled the windshield and replaced the weather stripping and did a perfect job.

The GM stuff is EXPENSIVE. But... do it right now, or hate it forever I suppose.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Yep, they're right, don't skimp on the weather stripping. Do it right and you won't have to do it over again. :)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Make sure you treat it at least once a year and it will last forever!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Originally posted by Patrick96LT4 ...<br>
]

What do you treat it with?<br>
Clear silicone grease. MAD has 3 tubes for $9.99 in catalog #143J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts