Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
El Teafive
Joined
·
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting a bunch of work done to my vette Sunday. It consists of:

New Clutch and Flywheel
Driveshaft U-joints
Driveshaft Loop
Front Spring
Front Lower Ball joints
Hurst Shifter
Lowering kit
Borla Exhaust 2-3/4" Challenge system (off of a ZR1)

It will be a fun Sunday..

ZR1AL, ZR1Pete, Nick, and myself will be doing the work at Al's place :D
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,221 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
I am planning on getting a bunch of work done to my vette Sunday. It consists of:

New Clutch and Flywheel
Driveshaft U-joints
Driveshaft Loop
Front Spring
Front Lower Ball joints
Hurst Shifter
Lowering kit
Borla Exhaust 2-3/4" Challenge system (off of a ZR1)

It will be a fun Sunday..

ZR1AL, ZR1Pete, Nick, and myself will be doing the work at Al's place :D
At Brakes plus? I might shoot down to supervise.:laughing:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,221 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Weekend Corvette Laundry List>>

-=Jeff=- said:
That is the place..

After we finish we are probably going for Pizza..
So I get to supervise AND eat pizza? Sounds like a day at the office!

:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Where is the shop?

Maybe I will stop by!!
Ill bring a cooler.:cheers:
 

·
El Teafive
Joined
·
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So We got the following done:

New Clutch and Flywheel
Driveshaft U-joints
Driveshaft Loop
Hurst Shifter
Borla Exhaust 2-3/4" Challenge system

The Driveshaft loop (well 1/2 loop, good enough for now) took a little longer to do.

We still need to do the following since my front Spring is cracked:
Lowering kit
Front Spring
Front Lower Ball joints

We were unable to get the Ball joints so I will need to get those and a few other pieces for so we can finish.

The car is AWESOME now!! The Hurst shifter moves like a hot knife through butter.. I need to retune the car since it seems to be running rich again.. probably due to the 20lb flywheel weight reduction, also the free flowing exhaust. it has a nice Deep rumble now.

THANKS AGAIN to ZR1Pete, ZR1AL, and Nick (vettn94) it was a good day. Nick took a ton of pictures and they should be uploaded within the next day or two.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,158 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
Des Plaines (basically 294 and Golf)
:surprised

So near and so many mods to do on the Z06. Maybe I'll make a run to the shop one lunch to check things out. Are you on that corner when your getting off 294 going south?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,027 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
So We got the following done:

New Clutch and Flywheel
Driveshaft U-joints
Driveshaft Loop
Hurst Shifter
Borla Exhaust 2-3/4" Challenge system

The Driveshaft loop (well 1/2 loop, good enough for now) took a little longer to do.

We still need to do the following since my front Spring is cracked:
Lowering kit
Front Spring
Front Lower Ball joints

We were unable to get the Ball joints so I will need to get those and a few other pieces for so we can finish.

The car is AWESOME now!! The Hurst shifter moves like a hot knife through butter.. I need to retune the car since it seems to be running rich again.. probably due to the 20lb flywheel weight reduction, also the free flowing exhaust. it has a nice Deep rumble now.

THANKS AGAIN to ZR1Pete, ZR1AL, and Nick (vettn94) it was a good day. Nick took a ton of pictures and they should be uploaded within the next day or two.
:surprised I got my Vette washed and did my laundry this weekend. :laughing:
 

·
Cleaner than Stock, Faster than Phock
Joined
·
726 Posts
Repin my 870 to a 165 ECM
Install Walbro 340 fuel pump
Paint Engine Bay and check all wiring

Next week paint engine block and install new 406CI motor!
:partyon:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,221 Posts
LD85 said:
Repin my 870 to a 165 ECM
Install Walbro 340 fuel pump
Paint Engine Bay and check all wiring

Next week paint engine block and install new 406CI motor!
:partyon:
A 406ci!!!! That's BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
 

·
Cleaner than Stock, Faster than Phock
Joined
·
726 Posts

·
Cleaner than Stock, Faster than Phock
Joined
·
726 Posts
Hey Jeff think itover long and a hard, I used my 24# injectors and distributor from my 1985 350. I bought a used 58MM BBK ($220), used MINIRAM II ($600), 400 block and crank ($200) and not including the 870-165 conversion the price should total $6500
:( :surprised


Good thing is I think you can use your intake and probably more components that I could, sicne my 350 was a non-roller block that made those parts more expensive too.

Hope you can build it soon!
 

·
El Teafive
Joined
·
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LD85 said:
Hey Jeff think itover long and a hard, I used my 24# injectors and distributor from my 1985 350. I bought a used 58MM BBK ($220), used MINIRAM II ($600), 400 block and crank ($200) and not including the 870-165 conversion the price should total $6500
:( :surprised


Good thing is I think you can use your intake and probably more components that I could, sicne my 350 was a non-roller block that made those parts more expensive too.

Hope you can build it soon!
Well, I think I would need a different Miniram to match to the bigger heads. I also have a 58mm TB along with the block.

I want the rotating assembly internally balanced and would need a new flywheel since the 400 is a 2pc rear main.

If ther is a way to use a later style step nose cam in the block then I have a cam that would work, ZZ409, but I am in no rush to get a motor built
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top