Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any measured weights for the depo vs stock headlights? I am looking to see how much weight could be shaved by switching to these.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
whatcha mean, depo headlights

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depo are the manufacturers of a non popup headlight. They look best when painted to match the car (leaving the font exposed to let the light through).

·
Registered
119 Posts
At least 20 pounds, they are a lot lighter. Go with HID bulb setup for the lows. Depos use projector lenses and the HIDs work great with them. Not very pretty but here's mine:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At least 20 pounds, they are a lot lighter. Go with HID bulb setup for the lows. Depos use projector lenses and the HIDs work great with them. Not very pretty but here's mine:

What bulbs did you use for the lows? How do you like them overall? Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
What bulbs did you use for the lows? How do you like them overall? Thanks :thumbsup:

H7 bulbs IIRC. They've been great, superior light output. I picked these up already painted. Haven't got a chance to use them much since I decided to tear the car apart again. They do get some spiderwebbing in the lenses though. Not a big deal IMO if you get them painted. It's only noticeable under certain light conditions but it's why the perfectionist I got them from sold them to me.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
How fast you want to go?

I saw you were asking about a supercharger, that would be the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How fast you want to go?

I saw you were asking about a supercharger, that would be the best bang for the buck.
Supercharger is down the road (probably a year or two). For now I just want to try to shave some time off my 1/4 mile and maybe gain some mph. Going GTO skinnies upfront, removing front sway (track only), was thinking about headlights. You know all little things that wont hurt my blower savings account :laughing: Oh and 1.5x 60's would be nice too...damn 1.60 (so close)!!!

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
What about the hoodliner, rear carpet and get rid of tbe mufflers for borla straight pipes with polished tips? Man, that alone had to be at least 50lbs when i tossed my mufflers

·
Registered
606 Posts
Supercharger is down the road (probably a year or two). For now I just want to try to shave some time off my 1/4 mile and maybe gain some mph. Going GTO skinnies upfront, removing front sway (track only), was thinking about headlights. You know all little things that wont hurt my blower savings account :laughing: Oh and 1.5x 60's would be nice too...damn 1.60 (so close)!!!
It takes 100 pounds just to reduce the ET by only 1 tenth of a second and that is at sealevel and would need even more weight loss above that

Those headlights up like that would ruin the C/D and cost top end speed and reason C6 did away with pop up headlights

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It takes 100 pounds just to reduce the ET by only 1 tenth of a second and that is at sealevel and would need even more weight loss above that

Those headlights up like that would ruin the C/D and cost top end speed and reason C6 did away with pop up headlights
Wow, it doesn't seem worth it trying to shave 100 pounds for 1 tenth (possibly at sea level).

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What about the hoodliner, rear carpet and get rid of tbe mufflers for borla straight pipes with polished tips? Man, that alone had to be at least 50lbs when i tossed my mufflers
The ti mufflers are lighter than regular c5 mufflers so switching them out wouldn't save as much for me. I have a set of dual tip borla stingers waiting to go in once the weather gets warmer or I get a heater for my garage ;)

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
The ti mufflers are lighter than regular c5 mufflers so switching them out wouldn't save as much for me. I have a set of dual tip borla stingers waiting to go in once the weather gets warmer or I get a heater for my garage ;)
Shitt

Throw on a jacket and slide under there,:nuts:

It should only take you an hour to swap out the Exhaust

Bon

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shitt

Throw on a jacket and slide under there,:nuts:

It should only take you an hour to swap out the Exhaust

Bon