Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both headlights work on bright, right side does'nt work on dim. Tried a new lamp, same result.......what gives?

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
Relay? That's where I would look.

Nice to see you around, I thought you sold that car in lew of a Camaro project?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to be back. I sold the vette to my old man and after a year he decided it was'nt for him so I bought it back. Yes, I still have the pro street Camaro "project", but it's on the back burner now that I've decided to build another race car......geez, can't shake that bug.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, the vette does have a new tranny in it now. It shifts hard AND gets better MPG. My old man commissioned me and my bro to swap it out......what a PITA that was. Got new skins on the rear, too. Still the same old ride, tho.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Finally found a little time to work on the vette today. Found the headlight problem....broken wire inside the wire loom going to the headlight. Also found 3 vacuum leaks and a bad TPS sensor. Now if I can only find out why my truck won't start and what the hell is causing it to throw the DTC 1351 code. Geez, it never ends does it?

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
Finally found a little time to work on the vette today. Found the headlight problem....broken wire inside the wire loom going to the headlight. Also found 3 vacuum leaks and a bad TCS sensor. Now if I can only find out why my truck won't start and what the hell is causing it to throw the DTC 1351 code. Geez, it never ends does it?
Guessing you have a non LS truck check the pink wire going to the ing. module. Look for breaks or a bad plug end. That code is for that side of the module so I'd start there. Great to hear you found the light issue, tracing wires can be a real pain.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1998 GMC, 4.3 Vortec. How much voltage should I be getting on the pink wire at the module? I'm getting 12.6.....I tried following a flowchart, but may be getting confused on where and HOW to read for voltage. It says I should have no more than 4.5 volts between pins c9 and d18 of the ECM, but I'm getting 12.6 there, too. I've changed out everything ignition wise but the switch, fuel pressure is hitting 60 lbs while cranking, compression comes in at 175. It acted like it was going to start once yesterday, then stumbled out. I think I'll try a new dizzy gear next. Spark at the #1 plug is really erratic, looks somewhat good, then scatters. I've never had this much of a problem trying to figure out a no start issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts